General Kassam Memories

nick68

With the clock ticking on the Kassam Stadium as our 'home' I thought it would be interesting to highlight people's favourite memories of that stadium (positive only).

Football aside both my main memories both involved the military;

1) Caesar the dog running amok and ignoring his handler
2) The helicopter fly past that almost took the corner of the South Stand roof off

On the pitch we've had quite a few but must include both Newcastle games and the Swansea win, the 10 man win against high flying Swindon, Others to note were the late wins in 2009, 1-0 v Wrexham and 2-1 v York.

I'm sure I've missed some key moments but would be good see what others would highlight?

With the clock ticking on the Kassam Stadium as our 'home' I thought it would be interesting to highlight people's favourite memories of that stadium (positive only).

Football aside both my main memories both involved the military;

1) Caesar the dog running amok and ignoring his handler
2) The helicopter fly past that almost took the corner of the South Stand roof off

On the pitch we've had quite a few but must include both Newcastle games and the Swansea win, the 10 man win against high flying Swindon, Others to note were the late wins in 2009, 1-0 v Wrexham and 2-1 v York.

I'm sure I've missed some key moments but would be good see what others would highlight?
West Ham obvs, and Mackie’s goal v Bradford. Sheff Weds and Pompey last year

West ham was amazing both Newcastle games high up on the list beating Rushden in the play offs winning against Wycombe so we could get promoted to league one beating Swindon in the fa cup to get the glam arsenal game

For all the bad things we all feel and think about the Kassam there has been some amazing days/nights in that stadium

The almost game v Newcastle utd two late goals a sublime free kick from Liam Kelly and the last ⛽️ n volley from Holland.
Oh and the final whistle at 16.45 on the 7th May 2016

Port vale game good atmosphere Leven from the half way line , Luton night game near on a sell out the penalty save then we scored a couple of minutes later and of course all the victories against $windon .
Beating that annoying little club down the M40 to secure promotion.

Last edited:
On a personal point my dad took me to the manor but I wasn't quite old enough to remember that place so the kassam I guess feels like home.i now take my son and the oldest one when he fancies it to the kassam which I guess is how alot of people started so hopefully when the new stadium is built and my son's have grown up they will take the children to watch Oxford...that's a personal memory for me 🙂

Watching the South Stand roof slowly disintegrate during a storm. Really can't remember who we were playing though.

Selecting a seat from the stadium plan and almost believing we were "going on a journey".

Can we sue for PTSD? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Been some cracking games though and, when its full it can "rock".

Sadly there have been just so many false hopes, promises and similar sh** to ever make it feel like a "home".

Its like the family home after an acrimonious divorce, nobody wants to live in it, too many bad memories.

Best memory, obviously, was Oxford 2 "them" 0. Beano sent of really early in the first half, then amazingly Oxford scoring not once but twice with 10 men to go 2 up. Then an hour of the best backs-to-the-wall defending to win the game. Amazing day, the celebrations went on long into the evening.

The first game back after Wembley. Think it was a cup game v the Gas who we smashed 6-1.

Remember coming away thinking we have the L2 Zidane in Simon Heslop.

I got 3 strikes in a row at the bowling alley up there once.

I believe it's called a turkey.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Back
Top Bottom