Ex Player Jodi Jones

Presumably between KR and Jodi Jones but it begs the question what could he have really done so drastically wrong to be dragged to games and not used… Perhaps to teach him a lesson in teamwork… But then isolating him in that isn’t exactly a lesson in cohesion and togetherness. This doesn’t paint a pretty picture of Robinson for me. He gets jumped on far too often for my liking but from what little we know and can observe, he’s getting this one wrong for me in a big way.

Even if Jodi Jones is the devil incarnate and there were a big secret bust up where KR wanted to make an example of him, if that were the case would you want him around the match day dressing room? Why put it in the public eye and open it up to scrutiny? I made a long post about this situation not long ago and every time the topic comes up I struggle for a rational reason for KR’s approach on this matter.
Exactly Swaby
I just can’t fathom it out especially when he would have been loaned out if KR hadn’t cocked up the window so badly
My question is why did we sign him?
KR must have wanted him or perhaps he didn’t and that’s why he’s not playing?

Exactly Swaby
I just can’t fathom it out especially when he would have been loaned out if KR hadn’t cocked up the window so badly
My question is why did we sign him?
KR must have wanted him or perhaps he didn’t and that’s why he’s not playing?

If Robinson didn’t want him who did? No one can get him to sign a full back so it seems strange there is someone out there who can force signings on him.

He signed on after the longest trial since Depp vs Heard, just after the Derby game, featured a little bit then has either sat on the bench getting splinters or not made the squad, so the row must of occurred just after the league cup he featured in. Considering the injuries we have had it must of been some argument.

If Robinson didn’t want him who did? No one can get him to sign a full back so it seems strange there is someone out there who can force signings on him.

He signed on after the longest trial since Depp vs Heard, just after the Derby game, featured a little bit then has either sat on the bench getting splinters or not made the squad, so the row must of occurred just after the league cup he featured in. Considering the injuries we have had it must of been some argument.
He is great friends with Marcus Browne, maybe he convinced KR to take a gamble?

KR sw enough of him during pre season ,so perhaps Browne did have some input, we do know that negotiations to get him signed went on for some time. Wish we knew more because at the moment we have a talented player who could be contributing to the team and is not being used.

Good question who wanted him if Robbo didnt I remember Kr basically said Hanson wasnt his decision. There is something badly wrong with our recruitment I refuse to believe the board have said heres a top 3 budget go spend it how you wish and this is the best he can come up with.Is the money there is it not there are there strings attached ie you can only use so an so agent thus reducing our pool of players. The Yanis wildschut guy maybe great but just a bizzare one cant imagine Kr identified him?

Who then Birdio?
Robinson and Jones. Clearly I should have just posted the word ‘handbags’ but I foolishly thought that a lovely picture of Vic & Bob waving theirs around would keep things light.

I’m surprised that a man like Jones, who is a cult hero at Coventry for his fantastic community work, could seemingly be so easy to fall out with. Especially after he was on trial for the entire summer, so presumably made a good impression and didn’t behave badly for over a month prior to signing. He featured in the first three games that he was eligible for, including starting against Swansea, and then fell off a cliff to the extent that he was publicly told he could go and play somewhere else.

Another curious case.

I don’t doubt it was a KR signing, to be honest. As is the age-old argument - how can KR allegedly have all this control and yet some players are coming in without his approval. Not saying either side of that debate is right or wrong, but it doesn’t figure.

I’m purely speculating here but It all seemed to unravel around the Swansea game and whatever squabble they had (if any) about his performance has been his undoing. But unless it was personal, which I doubt, I can’t see why he would be so blatantly cast aside. Case and point would be Smyth who seems to have suffered the same fate in a different way? I.e. totally off grid!

I can't believe that Karl can't see the bench needs sanding down.

I don’t doubt it was a KR signing, to be honest. As is the age-old argument - how can KR allegedly have all this control and yet some players are coming in without his approval. Not saying either side of that debate is right or wrong, but it doesn’t figure.

I’m purely speculating here but It all seemed to unravel around the Swansea game and whatever squabble they had (if any) about his performance has been his undoing. But unless it was personal, which I doubt, I can’t see why he would be so blatantly cast aside. Case and point would be Smyth who seems to have suffered the same fate in a different way? I.e. totally off grid!
There has been no misconduct or anything along those lines at all
I suspect it was more to do with the player perhaps not doing enough in the Swansea game when we didn't have the ball
He was hooked at half time and since then he's been an outcast
But who did pay well in that first half against a decent Championship side?
For example the goalkeeper made a Sunday morning hangover cock up but was happily for him still on the pitch to redeem himself by saving a penalty in the shoot out

There has been no misconduct or anything along those lines at all
I suspect it was more to do with the player perhaps not doing enough in the Swansea game when we didn't have the ball
He was hooked at half time and since then he's been an outcast
But who did pay well in that first half against a decent Championship side?
For example the goalkeeper made a Sunday morning hangover cock up but was happily for him still on the pitch to redeem himself by saving a penalty in the shoot out
Much as I suspected. In which case, I go back to my point of why KR would think this was the way to handle it. I can’t see a winner in the current scenario in the short or long term. JJ has waited an awful long time to play some football and we’re really squashing him at this moment in time. He deserves better.

Much as I suspected. In which case, I go back to my point of why KR would think this was the way to handle it. I can’t see a winner in the current scenario in the short or long term. JJ has waited an awful long time to play some football and we’re really squashing him at this moment in time. He deserves better.

I would be very surprised to see Jones & Smyth have a future at this football club.

They’re as good as gone.

I would be very surprised to see Jones & Smyth have a future at this football club.

They’re as good as gone.
Which makes the decision to cancel Jones' loan at the last possible moment all the more surprising

Robinson and Jones. Clearly I should have just posted the word ‘handbags’ but I foolishly thought that a lovely picture of Vic & Bob waving theirs around would keep things light.

I’m surprised that a man like Jones, who is a cult hero at Coventry for his fantastic community work, could seemingly be so easy to fall out with. Especially after he was on trial for the entire summer, so presumably made a good impression and didn’t behave badly for over a month prior to signing. He featured in the first three games that he was eligible for, including starting against Swansea, and then fell off a cliff to the extent that he was publicly told he could go and play somewhere else.

Another curious case.
Humble apologies RyanioBirdio I was obviously being over sensitive. In my defence, the way these boards have gone in the last few months I tend to be on the defensive when I do venture to post now! The atmosphere seems to reflect the general situation at the football club at the moment. Something is not quite right.

Go on then I’ll say it. This highlights yet again why a DoF would be such a sensible addition. It would hopefully avoid situations of head coaches and much needed players falling out to the detriment of the football club - if that actually is the situation. Who knows..?

I guess it’s good that no one seems to have a clue why Jones isn’t featuring at all. Certainly very strange.

How can he play for Malta and not for us.? I mean, he can't be match fit can he? As others have said, it really is a bizarre situation.

I have seen Malta play England at Wembley, unless they have improved dramatically in the last 6/7 years he might get a game if he is injured.

Been in London all day, missed the pre match talk, but heard Jones was injured?, Bad one ?