Ex Player Jodi Jones

Which makes him falling out with Jones over the promise an agent made even more bizarre. But then his behaviour for the last year here was mental, his head was completely gone and Jones in a normal job he would go for gross misconduct, those football contracts are so much on the footballers/managers side that they get away with it though.
Someone said on an earlier thread that they'd worked in football and had in the past seen a manager persecute a player because the manager had fallen out with the player's agent
Only Karl will know what his motivations are for the players he's mistreated

When did they start tracking assists in the 4th tier? I can't imagine it's much more that 10 seasons

Don't know if that's when it started, but FBRef have assists stats back as far as 2002-03:

Anyone want to hazard a guess at who apparently led us in assists that year (without cheating)? Comfortably, I should add......

Don't know if that's when it started, but FBRef have assists stats back as far as 2002-03:

Anyone want to hazard a guess at who apparently led us in assists that year (without cheating)? Comfortably, I should add......
J-Lo?

Edit: Not J-Lo. A surprising name indeed.

• React
Reactions: m

FBRef came into existence in 2017, so someone must have been collecting it before then.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has it's roots in Fantasy Football.

Last edited:

No, I didn't want to hazard a guess, which is just as well, as I'd never have guessed correctly.

Imagine him and Murphy on both wings. It's a shame he never got the chance.

It's a shame Manning didn't fancy him either.

Very pleased he's turned it around though, he deserved much better than what we gave him.

It's a shame Manning didn't fancy him either.

Very pleased he's turned it around though, he deserved much better than what we gave him.
Agreed, I was just thinking the other day that in all the various chat about our transfer windows no one really picked up on the fact that Manning actively decided not to keep Jodi Jones at the club. He'd been on loan (and not allowed to return, cheers Karl) so would have been a fresh start and we had the option to extend for a year. I think perhaps like Murphy he's a bit too high risk for Manning.

Delighted it's working out for him at Notts County and I hope his career keeps progressing. Seems a good lad and a very good player who was treated horrendously.

Congratulations to Jodi Jones.

Makes Karl Robinson’s decision not to play him when we pretty desperate at the time even more idiotic than it seemed at the time.

In my view Robinson was not acting in the best interests of the football club, or Jodi Jones for that matter.
It wasn’t desperate it was vindictive and evidence of the absolute mad decision making at the club where everyone was refusing to sack Karl even when every decision he was taking was basically begging “sack me!”

It’s utterly nuts, his L2 stats are insane you’d be delighted as any L1 club if you signed him, and yet he couldn’t get on our bench.

That was the time I lost all faith in Tim Williams.

It wasn’t desperate it was vindictive and evidence of the absolute mad decision making at the club where everyone was refusing to sack Karl even when every decision he was taking was basically begging “sack me!”

It’s utterly nuts, his L2 stats are insane you’d be delighted as any L1 club if you signed him, and yet he couldn’t get on our bench.

That was the time I lost all faith in Tim Williams.

But, but, but, Karl cared, was ever so ‘umble and always protected his players.

Agreed, I was just thinking the other day that in all the various chat about our transfer windows no one really picked up on the fact that Manning actively decided not to keep Jodi Jones at the club. He'd been on loan (and not allowed to return, cheers Karl) so would have been a fresh start and we had the option to extend for a year. I think perhaps like Murphy he's a bit too high risk for Manning.

Delighted it's working out for him at Notts County and I hope his career keeps progressing. Seems a good lad and a very good player who was treated horrendously.
Manning not liking him (or Murphy) had more to do with how he wanted to set his teams up, out and out wingers weren't really a thing for him.

Manning not liking him (or Murphy) had more to do with how he wanted to set his teams up, out and out wingers weren't really a thing for him.
I think this is true, he started Bodin (who I like a lot) nearly every game

Looking at it from the outside the right thing would have been to send him out on loan in the first half the season. I'm not sure he would have been ready to play then for you boys - he needed game time and to feel confident in his knees not giving out etc. We also managed him by not playing him every game, taking him off as sub, building him up.

He could have then come back in Jan to you ready to play.

I've heard from someone working at Notts County that Robinson was disparaging about Jones when talking to Notts County staff during Salford's recent visit to Meadow Lane
He described Jones as 'a strange lad' and was dismissive of how well he's done this season
Not the most self aware thing for Karl to do at Notts where Jones is incredibly popular

I've heard from someone working at Notts County that Robinson was disparaging about Jones when talking to Notts County staff during Salford's recent visit to Meadow Lane
He described Jones as 'a strange lad' and was dismissive of how well he's done this season
Not the most self aware thing for Karl to do at Notts where Jones is incredibly popular
Hmmm...."Karl Robinson" and "Self awareness" aren't often seen in the same sentence.