Ex Player Jerome Sinclair

If we have ambition then we need a Collins, Marquis or Eaves as a first choice. Mackie or Sinclair would be ok for 10 a season max IMHO.
We couldn’t afford any of them three as refmgard similar out there well.......I will let the football watchers come up with a name

If we have ambition then we need a Collins, Marquis or Eaves as a first choice. Mackie or Sinclair would be ok for 10 a season max IMHO.
Eaves is a bit of a journeyman striker who has just for some reason started scoring regularly at Gillingham.
Marquis even more so. He has played for a lot of clubs before scoring regularly for Donny.
Being realistic we do need to find a similar striker (one who has potential but not the finished article)
We have lost £2m in the last accounts so suggesting that we pay what £1m plus on a striker isn't really realistic?

To be honest we've been lucky with injuries recently, especially as it came down to the crunch in the season. Settled team, barely any niggles.
Before Christmas was not good, I agree.
Whyte & tthenSinclair plus Graham carrying a knock over the past few days....(napa, hall, baptise long term) ....but yep it has been better of late as the results confirm :)

Would have thought we should be looking at Championship out of favour players with experience. As an aside I heard that Brighton for example may have up to 270 players of all sorts on a short list ..so when it comes down to it not so easy sorting wheat from chaff.

Eaves is a bit of a journeyman striker who has just for some reason started scoring regularly at Gillingham.
Marquis even more so. He has played for a lot of clubs before scoring regularly for Donny.
Being realistic we do need to find a similar striker (one who has potential but not the finished article)
We have lost £2m in the last accounts so suggesting that we pay what £1m plus on a striker isn't really realistic?
I did say A and did mean one of a similar ilk. Not easy I know but this is where good scouting comes in.
And, the only one of the above likely to become available is Eaves who is out of contract at the end of this season.

We couldnt pay our office staff on time without a whip round. We certainly arent going to be in the market for a 100k striker.

We couldnt pay our office staff on time without a whip round. We certainly arent going to be in the market for a 100k striker.
£100k? Doige from FGR would cost well over £0.5m so £100k wouldn't get you much.
We need to pluck an Eaves or Marquis or Roofe from somewhere!

Whereas I'm not sure Pitman would work as a lone striker in our formation and likewise he would be on a big wage.
What I have been told and I wouldn’t be surprised if true 3 league 1 teams enquired about Pitman in January. We were 1 of them but none of the 3 teams could get anywhere near what Pompey are paying him. Rumoured to be around £12K a week.
Saying that in our present team and set up I think he would score a lot of goals.

Pitman played behind the main striker in the ‘No 10’ role in the EFL final on Sunday. He was anonymous in the first half as Sunderland dominated but played a lot better after that and was unlucky with a shot that came back off the post. I couldn’t work out if the team improved as he started to get more involved or vice-versa but I wasn’t convinced the withdrawn role suited him.

The game changed in Pompeys favour when they took of Curtis and put Garath Evans on.
Pitman is no number 10 he just cant run.