Ex Player Jerome Sinclair

I may be wrong but thought that Mousinho was CB when Burton were promoted from League 1?

I’ve still got hopes that Kelleher will be given a chance here. Not seen him play though to be fair.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Danny Hylton is not in the top 30 leading goalscorers in League One this year, despite playing regularly for the league leaders. He's also in his 30s now.

Don't get me wrong, he's a good player and a fine teammate.

But we really need to be looking for our big striker signing to be someone who can realistically be expected to net 20 goals in League One next year.....and I don't believe that's Danny Hylton.

I'm not sure it's Sinclair either; although I like his physical skillset and some of his build-up play, his finishing is far from convincing. And as a former 4 million pound man, I doubt his wage will be sufficiently modest to allow us to bring him in as a squad player.

Danny Hylton is not in the top 30 leading goalscorers in League One this year, despite playing regularly for the league leaders. He's also in his 30s now.

But we really need to be looking for our big striker signing to be someone who can realistically be expected to net 20 goals in League One next year.....and I don't believe that's Danny Hylton.

I'm not sure it's Sinclair either; although I like his physical skillset and some of his build-up play, his finishing is far from convincing. And as a former 4 million pound man, I doubt his wage will be sufficiently modest to allow us to bring him in as a squad player.

I think you win the medal for first declaration of our need for a 20 goal a season striker next year.

I'm not sure he is a good League 1 striker. We all loved his attitude, and his fitness, but he used to miss a high proportion of good scoring chances. I think Appleton had the right approach.
I think he is better than most of the strikers we have had since he left. I think Appleton got that one wrong.

I think he is better than most of the strikers we have had since he left. I think Appleton got that one wrong.
For all of the good times we had under Appleton, it shouldn’t be forgotten that he too struggled when it came to finding good strikers. Yes he brought in Roofe but there were several others who came and went with less success.

James Norwood,Christian Doidge, Tyler Walker a couple of names that could do a job.

Last edited:
For all of the good times we had under Appleton, it shouldn’t be forgotten that he too struggled when it came to finding good strikers. Yes he brought in Roofe but there were several others who came and went with less success.
Hemmings Hoban Roberts amongst some of the poorer ones. i thought Jordan Bowery was ok though

Whilst playing centre back at Oxford has Mousinho ever had a decent defensive midfielder sitting just in front of the back four?

Our current centre backs suddenly looked much better with either Mousinho or Kashi playing defensive midfield.

Mousinho might look a much better centre back with Kashi protecting the back line.

If and when we are safe, it might be worth trying.

Whilst playing centre back at Oxford has Mousinho ever had a decent defensive midfielder sitting just in front of the back four?

Our current centre backs suddenly looked much better with either Mousinho or Kashi playing defensive midfield.

Mousinho might look a much better centre back with Kashi protecting the back line.

If and when we are safe, it might be worth trying.

It's almost like playing professional football isn't as simple as fans make it sound and there are lots of things that impact performance including manager instructions and teammates.

Being abject at a job goes beyond cavils and imaginings. Best to just get a proper CB.

Yes we have Mackie And we then need 2 more. So Sinclair and Hylton would be good!
We have to have some of the young players as back up and so James us a good shout.
In central defence Nelson of course needs replacing and hopefully Jones will be seen as good enough to be 4th choice after new man/ Dickie then Mousinho as back up.

Hopefully when Kelleher comes back he'll prove to KR he has something about him, so he could possibly become a fourth choice. Not confident with Mousinho being a centre back option, whenever he's played there it's not been great. I'd leave him in defensive midfield and let him battle that spot out with Kashi.

If we have ambition then we need a Collins, Marquis or Eaves as a first choice. Mackie or Sinclair would be ok for 10 a season max IMHO.