Chairman January transfer window DIDNT lack ambition

posh home games...pompey..br rovers..blackpool..mkdons..shrewsbury..Tranmere

away burton bolton coventry sunderland rochdale

No more favourable than our fixtures to be fair, yet you have them getting 2.4 points a game compared to 1.7 points a game for us.

Balanced?

No more favourable than our fixtures to be fair, yet you have them getting 2.4 points a game compared to 1.7 points a game for us.

Balanced?

To be fair i have them getting 7 more pts than us from here on in and as their 5 ahead now it's like i tried to point out when you predicted around 21 more needed by us it's sadly more about what the others don't do....in my prediction s it's only the odd 2 games or so and as stated there will likely be unexpected pts dropped but sadly in our case we cannot afford that to happen so yes i think a balanced view.

To be fair i have them getting 7 more pts than us from here on in and as their 5 ahead now it's like i tried to point out when you predicted around 21 more needed by us it's sadly more about what the others don't do....in my prediction s it's only the odd 2 games or so and as stated there will likely be unexpected pts dropped but sadly in our case we cannot afford that to happen so yes i think a balanced view.

In the next 11 games you have predicted that Peterborough will pick up 7 more points than we will from 12 games, with comparable fixtures? And that is balanced??

In the next 11 games you have predicted that Peterborough will pick up 7 more points than we will from 12 games, with comparable fixtures? And that is balanced??
Listen we could go around in circles on such a subjective subject, you asked how i saw the table finishing so i took the trouble to check all remaining fixtures and gave my conclusion..i have done so with a level head and clearly not with how i hope or want the table to end up as far as we are concerned.
The pressure is on us for now but Karl has proven he can get the best out of our players when the odds are less favourable and unlike many at the start of the season never subscribed to the bashing he was getting on here and elsewhere..
He is a decent manager who always looks to play the game the right way and i just feel we have left ourselves with too much to do and hope that certain events do not haunt us over the coming months and long term.

To be fair i have them getting 7 more pts than us from here on in and as their 5 ahead now.

They are only 4 ahead, and could easily be just 1 ahead by tomorrow night, on same games played... Unless you predict us to not beat Accrington.

They are only 4 ahead, and could easily be just 1 ahead by tomorrow night, on same games played... Unless you predict us to not beat Accrington.

Yes i should have taken more time but the whole point is you cannot just do what scotchegg was doing without also taking into account what the others can be capable of.
it's the same as when we were near the drop and some suggested we were doomed when the reality was those sides below needed to go on a sudden winning run whilst we did nothing and now we are the chasers at the top end so the same theory needs to apply..Some sides need just 12 14 15 more pts and if pompey won their game in hand they also only need 15 more.
You cannot just say those sides wont win 4 or 5 more games but we will go unbeaten just to fit your point.

Yes i should have taken more time but the whole point is you cannot just do what scotchegg was doing without also taking into account what the others can be capable of.
it's the same as when we were near the drop and some suggested we were doomed when the reality was those sides below needed to go on a sudden winning run whilst we did nothing and now we are the chasers at the top end so the same theory needs to apply..Some sides need just 12 14 15 more pts and if pompey won their game in hand they also only need 15 more.
You cannot just say those sides wont win 4 or 5 more games but we will go unbeaten just to fit your point.

I will say "we will finish 4th" I have said it, the odds are against us finishing in that position, but I don't care, I have this opinion and that is what it is. ☺

Every season you get a team gate crash the playoffs “ a surge team” this season let’s hope it’s us. If we can get a run going like the tail end of last season, and earlier this season I don’t see no reason why not. With or without a manager. This weekend we could be right in the mix.

There are a couple above us that won’t play a fixture soon, and I think Fleetwood won’t have a fixture on the final day, because they were due to play Bury.

Every season you get a team gate crash the playoffs “ a surge team” this season let’s hope it’s us. If we can get a run going like the tail end of last season, and earlier this season I don’t see no reason why not. With or without a manager. This weekend we could be right in the mix.

In the next few weeks we should have Forde, Woodburn, and Kelly back with Mous due end of March. Handy for the run-in.

Cov have got a tough 3 games over the coming week Sunderland, Pompey & Fleetwood

Cov have got a tough 3 games over the coming week Sunderland, Pompey & Fleetwood

I heard someone say that earlier, but Coventry play Sunderland, Ipswich, Shrewsbury and Lincoln in the next 4 games according to BBC.

To be fair i have them getting 7 more pts than us from here on in and as their 5 ahead now it's like i tried to point out when you predicted around 21 more needed by us it's sadly more about what the others don't do..

Doesn't take long for things to change. In six days they have gone from 4/5 ahead, to 1 point behind and out of the playoffs.

Plenty of games will not go as predicted, yesterdays' matches being a good example as nearly every one went our way.

Win next Saturday and we will go above Wycombe!

That money for Baptiste is looking very handy atm!
Yep, only just occurred to me last night - those sales are looking like genius foresight now. When the clubs at the top end of the Championship are able to pick at the carcasses of L1 and 2 teams that are dead on their feet financially in a few months time and having to sell of any and all assets for a fraction of what theyre really worth just to stay afloat, we may be very glad we got the money that we did for Fos & Bap.

Back
Top Bottom