National News ITV leaders debate: Johnson v Corbyn - who won?

Who won the ITV leaders debate?

• Johnson

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Corbyn

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No one

Votes: 16 32.7%

• Total voters
To the majority of people this election is going to be all about brexit. Where the problem lies in my opinion is that brexit should have been sorted out by now then this election would be all about manifestos and trying to sort this country out. Personally I am a leaver and I am pretty miffed that it hasn't happened. If the politicians had voted like there constituents had then it would of been sorted. If labour had a decent leader then this election would of been interesting and I think Boris would struggle, but c'mon does anyone trust JC enough to run the country. I as hell don't. Is Boris the right person? who knows but id trust him over JC any day of the week.

Both leaders are very poor, but I'm not sure how you can trust Johnson! He is a proven, repeated, serial liar - and the Conservative Party under him has, even in the last week, been guilty of trying to spread lies through social media. Although apparently (according to Raab) "no one gives a toss about social media cut and thrust" - so that's OK then. Anyone with such a blatant disregard for the truth should not be trusted (whatever your feelings about Brexit).

[
Both leaders are very poor, but I'm not sure how you can trust Johnson! He is a proven, repeated, serial liar - and the Conservative Party under him has, even in the last week, been guilty of trying to spread lies through social media. Although apparently (according to Raab) "no one gives a toss about social media cut and thrust" - so that's OK then. Anyone with such a blatant disregard for the truth should not be trusted (whatever your feelings about Brexit).
Harold Wilson?

Is he standing? Shows how much notice i'm taking ... ;)
not these days :rolleyes:

he was PM when England won the World Cup though.... maybe success for England in the Euro championship hinges on there being a labour government? ;)

But that was the point I was making. Brexit is what people are going to vote ? for. Things like education, NHS, police ? etc which usually decide how we are going to vote will be put on the back burner.

But that was the point I was making. Brexit is what people are going to vote ? for. Things like education, NHS, police ? etc which usually decide how we are going to vote will be put on the back burner.
I agree. That doesn't mean you should trust Johnson though. You should examine with every utterance with extreme skepticism.

Bojo bottles it :oops: ...... think that alone is a confirmation as to who 'won' the first tv debate in the run in to the GE? ...
either that, or Cummings the puppeteer has booked the night off ? ...

Perfect opportunity to get some other leaders in there.

Boris knows pulling out of it means a full cancellation. Invite Farage and Swinson to take part in his stead, and there's an opportunity to punish him for not showing up at all.

Either that, or in this climate, it's much more beneficial to watch other parties infight amongst themselves whilst staying well clear!

I would rather politicians were out on the doorstep talking to real people rather than doing pointless TV personality shows. Irrespective of political party.
The whole TV debate is so "managed" its not "real". Asking a direct question of a prospective candidate face to face is more likely to move a vote than some "talent show TV" farce.

Actually, I agree. I think these 'debates' are a waste of time. The country would be far better served by having a series of interviews where a respected journalist could (and would be prepared to) vigorously press the leaders of every party on their manifesto, their promises and their past record. I suspect the politicians would run a mile. Much better to be interviewed on breakfast TV, eh!
I'm also very uncomfortable about not having the leaders of the other parties involved in these events. The Lib Dems may or may not make any inroads at this election, but they ought to be heard. The Greens are a small minority party, but focus on arguably the most important global issue of our age - is that not worth hearing? I abhor the Brexit party - but Farage is (by not competing properly!) an influence on this election - ought he not have to explain himself?
Two middle aged men in suits making 'clever' remarks about each other on the telly while their respective PR machines try to spin social media to persuade the public that their man is 'winning' does absolutely nobody any favours.

You'd learn more from an interview done by someone like Andrew Neil in 30 mins, than the debate dog and pony show where all sides avoid the hard questions and talk over each other. How anyone gets anything major from the debates, I don't know.

Boris is a stuttering clown and it says a lot when he is preferable to that terrorist loving piece of s**t and his entourage of fu(kwits Abbot and Thornberry to name a few..................Brexit party will get my vote anyway.

He missed out answering a question that was asked more than 5 times....quite an important one at that!
round two tonight BBC 7PM QT leaders special (for 2 hours)

is there a sweepstake on how many times the fat blond posh boy, sporting flaming underwear, will say 'get Brexit done'?

double figures at least Id reckon

That rebranding of thier own twitter account as factchecker uk during the debate was ,imo ,a new low ....
Sarge, what this proves to me, and is something I've always known, is that the Tories always make promises before an election, knowing full well its all bullshit. Tory-lovers slobber at their heros crap. But I never fall for their lies.

Back
Top Bottom