Important stadium update for ALL OUFC fans

OxVox

OxVox have written an update regarding the stadium project and we have made it available to members and all supporters to ensure the biggest possible response. We believe the time has come to call on our fabulous fanbase again to help push the stadium project forward to the next stage.

In short we are urging supporters to contact the County Council Cabinet via email to press them into action on their decision to lease the club land near Kidlington. This is an important stage of the process and needs the full weight of our support.

The update and details of how to contact the Cabinet are available at http://www.oxvox.org.uk/write-to-occ/ and the related guide to writing an email to the council is at http://www.oxvox.org.uk/occ_guide/

We urge all of our members and supporters to get involved and remind the council that the silent majority are behind the new stadium. Supporters are voters and our numbers make us impossible to ignore. It’s time to make those numbers count.

Please read the update, send the email and join us.

Of course there is. You are a commuter to the county and without United you wouldn't bother venturing and spending your hard earned cash in this county.
Thanks Ox14, my email shall be sent tomorrow. Quite correct about your last sentence, I would very rarely if ever venture to Oxford if it wasn't for the Mighty Yellows.
This was one of the grounds for a favourable decision that I listed in my email. A state-of-the-art stadium serving the community with a Championship football club would attract more visitors to the County. It would serve as a major show case for the forward thinking of the County.

Include the Deputy as well then more than one sees the support.

I believe our brief is to email our County Councillors and if they're not a cabinet member then email all the cabinet members listed in that article as they're the decision makers.

Edit: we should email our councillor and the entire cabinet using the email addresses in OxVox's call to action.

Last edited:
Edit: we should email our councillor and the entire cabinet using the email addresses in OxVox's call to action.

• React
Reactions: MJB
A fellow supporter emailed his County Councillor and stressed the impact of this delay in granting or rejecting a lease for Stratford Brake.
At the outset of this process we had approx’ 4 years and 4 months remaining on our lease.
We now have only 3 years and 8 months .
In July 2026 we could be homeless !!
Time is very much of the essence .
Please get your emails/letters in.

I wrote separately to each of the councillors (one sent yesterday, and the rest today). Got one response so far, from Glynis Phillips:

"We are working closely with OUFC to ensure the future of the club."

So it's definitely worth writing to each of them even if, like me, you live far away from Oxford and only very rarely get to see United play.

I’ve had a response from the council. Should I post it on this tread?
It looks fairly generic, so maybe similar or the same as other people have received.

The responses from the Council will almost certainly skillfully say nothing helpful. However, we reiterate and support OxVox's original post - it is essential that everybody writes to the Cabinet and to their councillor. OUFC is not only the 💛 of our lives, it is also key to employment and the economy of the county as well as delivering social impact though OU in the Community. They have had long enough to decide on this step.
You can read OUSP's letter, which was sent last week, on the link below.

I’ve had a response from the council. Should I post it on this tread?
It looks fairly generic, so maybe similar or the same as other people have received.

Similar to this presumably?

"Thank you for your email about the council’s discussions with Oxford United Football Club.

I am writing to confirm that we have been working closely and constructively with the club since March to review the options available. In November we received a good deal of information from OUFC, and officers are currently reviewing and clarifying this information to enable us to make a decision about next steps.

We fully recognise the challenges facing OUFC and we are doing everything we can to help the club achieve a sustainable future. Discussions between the council and the club are continuing and we hope to be in a position to provide a more detailed update shortly.

As the county‘s only professional football league club, we know that Oxford United is close to the hearts of thousands of people across this county. OUFC has a long and distinguished history and is an integral part of the county’s heritage and presence. We are therefore working hard with OUFC to help the club secure a long-term home in the county and realise its vision for a world-class community sports hub.

Kind regards,

Liz

Councillor Liz Leffman, Charlbury and Wychwood

Leader, Oxfordshire County Council"

A generic response is being sent out, by the look of the response. Just had our reply, exactly the same but at least addressed to my wife and I. A swift response is also a good sign and testament to the importance placed on this by the cabinet.

Well done all those who have sent emails/letters so far!

Back
Top Bottom