Home Match Build Up 04/05/2024: L1 Play-Off SF 1st Leg - OUFC vs Peterborough

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Handbags in the final minute!

Bolton player pushes the Barnsley #9 over! Yellow card.

Such a poor goal to concede for Barnsley. Momentum for the second leg all gone.

Agreed - I don't know how the hell you let an opposition striker stand in front of your goalie and block him off completely unopposed? Surely it's just basic defending that if the opposition sits someone on top of your keeper, you get a big unit in there to muscle him away?

Such a poor goal to concede for Barnsley. Momentum for the second leg all gone.

I donโ€™t think a 2-1 loss at home is great momentum, they were just so unlikely to get anything given the form they have come into the play offs in that it seemed an alright result.

I hate to say that , if we beat Peterborough, Bolton are a team difficult to play against as we know.
But it's not over to it's over for Barnsley.

Agreed - I don't know how the hell you let an opposition striker stand in front of your goalie and block him off completely unopposed? Surely it's just basic defending that if the opposition sits someone on top of your keeper, you get a big unit in there to muscle him away?
Weโ€™ve been guilty of that quite a few times this season, hopefully thatโ€™s sorted now.

Think that was the first penalty he'd ever taken for us, though? In the league, certainly (he may have taken one in a pointless Tinpot Trophy game, but even I can't be bothered to check that). James Henry took (and scored) every penalty we were awarded in 2018/19 and 2019/20. Admittedly Cam did then also score the 5th penalty in the Cup against Swansea as well........

I'm sure Cam would want to take the last one, because he's the sort of guy that likes pressure on his shoulders. But 1 in 5 shootouts don't reach the final kick, so it's an incredibly risky strategy to hold back your 'sure thing' until then.
Aleays fancy us in shootouts, Havenโ€™t we got a good record since we returned to the EFL ?

I can just about remember Watford doing us over recently.

We need an Ironman at 5, Cams the boy.

Who will take our pens? Depending on whoโ€™s on pitch of course , Iโ€™d go 5 from

Harris, Leigh, Murphy, Rodrigues, Bran Henry, Bodin, C Brown.

Experience, skill, will to win, required.

Bolton are the best team in the play offs and rightly favourites, going to take a hell of a turnaround for them not to at least make Wembley and you just canโ€™t see this shot Barnsley team doing that.

However that late goal of Northamptons gave us a better chance, itโ€™s not exactly a gimme but I would rather play Peterborough over two legs and have a one off game at a neutral venue against Bolton than the alternative, doubt we come out on top over two legs against this Bolton team but a one off game the odds are a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom