General "Good team on paper"

There is enough in the squad, adequately coached, to keep us up comfortably. Most of the players have performed very well in the past and can do so again. Including Marcus Browne.

We need to get behind the squad and roar them to safety. That’s about it for this season.

I've always felt the clamour for five at the back was misplaced under KR.

So many lineups, this player here, that player there, all wasted as they were, as the title suggests, only 'good on paper '.

KR could only coach 433, and at times it worked fantastically well, not least because everyone knew what they were meant to be doing.

As soon as he went to anything else it became clear that there were always one or more players who just looked lost (most recently the '10' in his 4231) and weren't sure of what they were meant to be doing. Equally, many didn't look like they knew where the others were meant to be or meant to be doing. Anything that did work tended to be the result of individual players making it happen.

This hasn't just been this season either, the move to a five last season worked for those few games because Taylor and Baldock basically made it happen themselves. As soon as baldock got injured, KR tried continuing with it with other players up with Taylor and it all just fell apart.

A different system may now suit the squad for the rest of the season, but only if whoever is managing them is capable of getting across to the players exactly what they are all meant to be doing....

Last edited:
A different system may now suit the squad for the rest of the season, but only if whoever is managing them is capable of getting across to the players exactly what they are all meant to be doing....

How do you feel 433 went yesterday? Did they look as if they were more of a unit?

I'm far, far away and just wondering, is all. Slightly surprised by the formation. No meat in the Fail, as per.....

How do you feel 433 went yesterday? Did they look as if they were more of a unit?

I'm far, far away and just wondering, is all. Slightly surprised by the formation. No meat in the Fail, as per.....
No. They persist with this 4-3-3 yet 12 games ago we won playing 3-5-2

Back
Top Bottom