Flag Gate.............. the thread.

We asked the club for clarification of the rules as a few people have had flags turned away recently for not having fire certificates. The rules haven't changed recently and simply follow EFL rules.
We felt it would be helpful for anyone thinking of making their own flag to know what the parameters are so that it will be allowed in.

We asked the club for clarification of the rules as a few people have had flags turned away recently for not having fire certificates. The rules haven't changed recently and simply follow EFL rules.
We felt it would be helpful for anyone thinking of making their own flag to know what the parameters are so that it will be allowed in.
The EFL 'rules' have always been there, but when the club were more fan friendly than they are now, common sense was used and this led to a far improved atmosphere.

If this is a sign of how things are going to be in the future then Stratfield Brake will probably be as soulless as the Breeze Block currently is.

2x1 is no size at all. There would only be room for ROB

Did the OUSP question this stance? We’ve all seen far bigger flags than that, apart from the huge ones that were presumably prearranged

Just what we want - stewards with tape measures stopping folk putting flags up.

This is what happens when unelected quangos get their foot in the door.

Should have just left it well alone and started a thread in the right place with different context.

Another failure by the Gang of 6.

The EFL 'rules' have always been there, but when the club were more fan friendly than they are now, common sense was used and this led to a far improved atmosphere.

If this is a sign of how things are going to be in the future then Stratfield Brake will probably be as soulless as the Breeze Block currently is.

I think we know the route we’re heading down with our new CEO talking about fans as customers.

Though i think this is more a pre-emptive strike against the “bed sheet protest banners”

Also stewards aren’t noted for their discretion when it comes to being an A*****e about interpreting ground regs. One week swearings fine then the next it’s offensive. One week big flags are fine then next they aren’t.

f**k it lads let's get the bed sheet get some smoke bombs get some big flags get some flares let's go on a rampage in the east ,north ,south ,west ( if you want to stand on the hill) we're Oxford United and we do what we want

Last edited:
The bed sheet banners have been some of the best & humorous ones ,over the many decades of watching football. Slowly but surely the fun going to football is being eroded. Personally I used to love the old bog rolls when the player's came out on to the pitch, or scored.

The bed sheet banners have been some of the best & humorous ones ,over the many decades of watching football. Slowly but surely the fun going to football is being eroded. Personally I used to love the old bog rolls when the player's came out on to the pitch, or scored.
If you want football to become a family game you have to sacrifice the little things like fun, banter, swearing, singing, anger, alcohol, and general football culture.

They call it progress.

"John Aldridge strikes faster than an F-14"....................... classic bedsheet!

"John Aldridge strikes faster than an F-14"....................... classic bedsheet!
I thought it was an F1-11?

Either way, not as funny as the one around the curve a bit from it which said "Aldridge strikes faster than Maxwell's printers" 😂

I think we know the route we’re heading down with our new CEO talking about fans as customers.

Though i think this is more a pre-emptive strike against the “bed sheet protest banners”

Also stewards aren’t noted for their discretion when it comes to being an A*****e about interpreting ground regs. One week swearings fine then the next it’s offensive. One week big flags are fine then next they aren’t.
Exactly.

The club trying to nip a potentially uncomfortable afternoon for its illustrious leader in the bud.

If you want football to become a family game you have to sacrifice the little things like fun, banter, swearing, singing, anger, alcohol, and general football culture.

They call it progress.
Yes the customer is always right🤔 all the Oxford United fans I know & it's a real lot, were kids in the good old bad days.

Bloody hell they wouldn't let you in nowadays with the big wooden rattle's that I had. It would be classed as an offensive weapon, or be banned for health and safety,because you may cause injury to others. 😂😂. Imaging turning up nowadays with a milk or beer crate, for your kid to stand on, the stewards would have kittens💅💅

Back
Top Bottom