Flag Gate.............. the thread.

I think you made the right decision in giving this it's own thread, Essex. It declutters the Takeover thread and enables us to ask questions to the "company" in question. Hopefully the Mods feel the same and won't remove it.

I have a few questions to ask to @Junior_1 , hopefully he will respond with appropriate answers.

1) How are your flags made? Do you personally make them, or do you outsource to another company?
2) If you outsource to another company, are your customers aware of this?
3) If you outsource to another company, which company?
4) Do you charge your customers more than what the outsourced company do? Are they aware of this? If you do charge more, why?
5) Are you a registered company?
6) Are your nephews still involved in operations?
7) I don't think there is any evidence that the OUFCSP is using his "personal issues" to encourage fans against your business. Looking from the outside in, it looks like that fans are being taken advantage of when they could purchase the flags directly from the supplier - and for the cheaper. Of course, the fans may know this, and if they do then there is no problem with them using your services. I think it's key to determine if they know this or not though.

I feel that all my questions that I have put forward are not out of turn, and hopefully Junior provides suitable replies.

My brief dalliance suggests that United Flag Designs are a middle man. Bit like Tescos they don`t actually make everything they sell but do make a profit from it.

A quick visit to their FB page certainly suggests that they don`t make the flags physically themselves.

Pretty simple really and not a registered company.

Caveat emptor as they say.

Also wondering if they are planning to continue to sell tickets to sell out games, such as Wimbledon away, at over face value which presumably makes them a third-party ticket seller? I think it's important for fans to know if they see tickets advertised on United Flag Designs Twitter page they should expect to pay considerably more than face value. Genuine enquiry.

I'm junior will be along shortly to answer all these reasonable questions, without obfuscating.

Also wondering if they are planning to continue to sell tickets to sell out games, such as Wimbledon away, at over face value which presumably makes them a third-party ticket seller? I think it's important for fans to know if they see tickets advertised on United Flag Designs Twitter page they should expect to pay considerably more than face value. Genuine enquiry.
That’s a genuine P**s take if we’ve got so called fans ripping off genuine fans for their own gain

Probably sold via DM .......

Caveat Emptor.

Hope it wasn`t Paypal F&F to dodge the goods and services charge..

This for me is worse than the ripping fans of for flags. Only just though.

Last comment on all this. After which, speak to my PA!

The x2 Wimbledon tickets weren’t mine to sell as I’m sure ash if he posts on this will confirm. Sold on behalf of a friend. His price, his choice. Very complicated but is all backed up.

I sold mine for face value. Again, all backed up. That should all be known to the people suggesting otherwise.

Why wont you answer the questions, they seem reasonable.

For what its worth I don't see much of an issue, if people would rather pay you to sort everything out for them then fair enough, some people either cant be bothered or wouldn't have the know how. The only grey area i suppose is if the club objected to the crest being used for personal profit but if they are ok with it then I don't see the issue

Last edited:

The x2 Wimbledon tickets weren’t mine to sell as I’m sure ash if he posts on this will confirm. Sold on behalf of a friend. His price, his choice. Very complicated but is all backed up.

I sold mine for face value. Again, all backed up. That should all be known to the people suggesting otherwise.
So then you are confirming that United Flag Designs support selling tickets significantly above face value. Person in question responded to the advert on the UFD page and was quoted said price by the company, whoever bought the original tickets is irrelevant if you agree to sell them at such inflated prices through your company.

Is your PA more likely to actually answer questions instead of avoiding proper answers, hence making you look more guilty?

Back
Top Bottom