Fan's View Fan's View 22/23 - No.38 - Cambridge away

Thank you @Paul B

I only hope that the accumulation of posts, reports, tweets and emails are read and properly contemplated by the board. I cannot fathom out how any club would still hang on to a manager with this record and the dissatisfaction shown by so many.

The lad in the last photo wearing shorts, I have seen him doing this for years now (realise the weather is decent for February at the moment but seen him do it in a lot colder) don’t know him and it’s his decision fair enough etc but it’s always intrigued me as does he wear shorts every where all year round as football is a pretty cold experience sometimes.

I realise this is nothing to do with the match etc but who can be arsed talking about it all the time, Robinson either goes and let’s some light back into our OUFC supporting lives or stays and we remain in the misery and gloom his reign has come to.

Completely agree with you about the whole get behind the lads stuff now, it’s pointless, we are going no where with this bunch of thrown together off a couple of phone calls to agent mates over the summer dross under a shot manager, best thing fans can do is actually boo, harangue or whatever to speed up the start of the rebuild that needs to happen.

You've skipped the bargaining stage, it seems. I hope it doesn't damage our chances of recovery.

Perfect summing up as always.

P.S Youth Cup is Tuesday 7th March according to the Man City site. The FA site had all QF games set as the Saturday for some reason prior to the clubs confirming the agreed dates.

The Geldart was my local for three years.....in that time it got remodeled from an absolute dive that had no concept a decent pint whatsoever into a slightly fancy, but decent real ale gastropub that specialized in letting you cook weird animals on hot rocks. Haven't been for years now, but I assume it's still the latter!

(Must confess I stopped reading this week's Fan's View once you got to the football, because that game was too depressing to want to relive......)

Nice write up (y)

Yesterday was difficult. The gallows humour based chanting seems to be the increasing focus of our more vocal fans. "We've lost the ball", "We've had a shot", "We lose every week etc etc". I don't think any of this crap helps anyone, and for many of us that have seen and felt the demise of OUFC in recent past (I'm pretty sure many singing these songs haven't..!), it's just not that amusing, and I worry about it carrying into a new regime...

I agree about not necessarily getting behind the team unless there's something on the pitch to drive it on, but EURGH. This feels like a bit of a 'get that bike off the pavement' type moan, but I'll probably bring my headphones to games over the next few weeks so I can maintain a level of engagement in what's going on...

Back
Top Bottom