Fan's View Fan's View 21/22 - No.24 - Doncaster away

On a side note, we found the Sunlun locals extremely friendly and welcoming. Even after a match in which they were clearly disappointed about the result.
And many thanks to the poster on here who recommended the excellent Dun Cow for the pre-match drink. One for you next year, FV.

On a side note, we found the Sunlun locals extremely friendly and welcoming. Even after a match in which they were clearly disappointed about the result.
And many thanks to the poster on here who recommended the excellent Dun Cow for the pre-match drink. One for you next year, FV.
Yes, I've always found the Sunderland locals friendly. Proper football people and those I've chatted to in the pubs didn't have that annoying sense of entitlement.

One of the offside goals disallowed was from Gavin Whyte ( where he did actually finish pretty well) and the other from Matt Taylor.

One of the offside goals disallowed was from Gavin Whyte ( where he did actually finish pretty well) and the other from Matt Taylor.
Have added a little note pointing this out. :)Thanks

Yes, I've always found the Sunderland locals friendly. Proper football people and those I've chatted to in the pubs didn't have that annoying sense of entitlement.
All I can say is it does not come across like that on the Sunderland Forum. Total arrogance. Admittedly only a very small proportion of their fan base.

All I can say is it does not come across like that on the Sunderland Forum. Total arrogance. Admittedly only a very small proportion of their fan base.
I've never witnessed the sort of moaning and arguing you get here at the actual ground!

That was my take.
We went into the Hilton (directly by the ground)
for a wiz & a pint.
Rammed with well dressed, polite & articulate group of fans.

In the pub before the game the Donny fans, heard their line up, and said we would win because Tiago Cukur was starting at centre forward. They said he is a youngster on loan from Watford and totally useless (That is the polite version). Walking to the ground, talking to a completely different fan, he also, quite incredibly said exactly the same, with Cuker playing they have no chance.
So I watched their number 9 (well number 21 on the shirt) he was shocking, absolutely appalling, don't think he touched the ball in first half. Moore ran rings round him. Much, much, much worse than Sam Smith. Donny were effectively playing with 10 men in first half. It gave that modern term "false no 9" a new meaning!
At half-time he was subbed and they brought on some geezer called Hiwula-Mayifuila who made a huge difference, lively, bit of ball control and some form of a threat up front.

In the pub before the game the Donny fans, heard their line up, and said we would win because Tiago Cukur was starting at centre forward. They said he is a youngster on loan from Watford and totally useless (That is the polite version). Walking to the ground, talking to a completely different fan, he also, quite incredibly said exactly the same, with Cuker playing they have no chance.
So I watched their number 9 (well number 21 on the shirt) he was shocking, absolutely appalling, don't think he touched the ball in first half. Moore ran rings round him. Much, much, much worse than Sam Smith. Donny were effectively playing with 10 men in first half. It gave that modern term "false no 9" a new meaning!
At half-time he was subbed and they brought on some geezer called Hiwula-Mayifuila who made a huge difference, lively, bit of ball control and some form of a threat up front.
Didn't pick up on this.

Back
Top Bottom