EPL Everton

Following the Man City model, just without the success.
Granted, I don't understand the FFP rules, but surely Everton have spent F all compared to the likes of Man City?

I think most of us would like to see Everton in the Championship. They've had a fair few last few games escapes and although you could argue the table doesn't ultimately lie, the Championship has been calling for a while.

Granted, I don't understand the FFP rules, but surely Everton have spent F all compared to the likes of Man City?
it is about total losses over a 3 year period - clubs are allowed to lose £105m over 3 years, Everton reported losses of £372m. Transfer losses (see below for the 3 years in question) were a part, but a lot around stadium, lack of income, and bad management
Seasontfr intfr outfees receivedfees paidnet spend
2020/21835£3,600,000£61,700,000+£58,100,000
2019/20850£83,060,000£109,350,000+£26,290,000
2018/19746£21,500,000£80,200,000+£58,700,000

Ridiculous. This would never happen to one of the big clubs.

Will we see the same for Chelsea or Manchester City??
they are trying with City, City's owners are just throwing money at lawyers to draw it out/try and make it go away.
believe an investigation is opened into various Chelsea matters.

I think most of us would like to see Everton in the Championship. They've had a fair few last few games escapes and although you could argue the table doesn't ultimately lie, the Championship has been calling for a while.

They're only 2 points from 17th.

Reckon they'll sneak out of it.

From their perspective, there aren't many better seasons for them to receive the deduction

Rather than the statement Everton have given out they should be extremely grateful that this decision has dawdled for so long, we all knew it was coming months ago and it would only have taken a 2 point deduction and they would have been relegated last season. They should be very grateful that they have had another season in the Premier League and have a decent chance of avoiding relegation this season even with the points deduction. I would imagine Leicester City are very unhappy.

they have charged and are investigating City and Chelsea. The City one is harder to prove and they are chucking vast amounts at lawyers to draw it out. The Chelsea one looks like it will be easier to prove. The Everton one is just open and shut with bad rather than 'clever' management.

Back
Top Bottom