General Emergency Goalkeeper

Am I the only one who wasn't blown away by Archer? Did some things well but had some very iffy decision making, and never looked in control under a high ball.

He was reasonable. Nothing spectacular but no great issues either. He was a good fit for a spell when Eastwood was out.

Since like most lower league fans and we’re completely unoriginal in thought and lack a knowledge of every single EFL second and third choice goalkeeper, Archer would be fine for a seven day loan if we need one.

Am I the only one who wasn't blown away by Archer? Did some things well but had some very iffy decision making, and never looked in control under a high ball.
Did you ever see a certain loan goalkeeper we had called Jonathan Mitchell?! Archer was chalk and cheese compared to someone like that. Archer wasn’t a perfect keeper, but Simon Eastwood certainly isn’t either and nor is Jack Stevens. I’d argue that Archer was better than recent Simon Eastwood.

He was reasonable. Nothing spectacular but no great issues either. He was a good fit for a spell when Eastwood was out.

Since like most lower league fans and we’re completely unoriginal in thought and lack a knowledge of every single EFL second and third choice goalkeeper, Archer would be fine for a seven day loan if we need one.
Personally I'd prefer we got Jamie Ashdown back.

Thought he was pretty decent, his distribution was very good.

His record with us :

Played 8, won 4 drew 2 and lost 2, goals conceded 7

He was in goal v Man City, take that game out and those stats
would be P7 W4 D2 L1 goals conceded 4.

‘Beggars can’t be choosers’. I’m sure we’ll take any professional goalkeeper who is available and willing.

Sounds like Eastwood.

‘Beggars can’t be choosers’. I’m sure we’ll take any professional goalkeeper who is available and willing.
Exactly - this is an emergency loan we’re talking about not a three year permanent contract. Jordan Archer would be a superb emergency loan. I still remember the Conor Ripley emergency loan……….

What’s billy turley up to these days I’m sure he could cover a couple if games 😁

Robinson shouldn’t be revealing that information about the players. It’s their private decision and not one that the public need to know.
Maybe plumley said it was ok. Why wouldn’t he?

Maybe plumley said it was ok. Why wouldn’t he?

As above, Robinson should keep players private health matters to himself. It’s no business if anyone’s but the players should they be vaccinated or not. We had this a few weeks ago when he came out on this very subject.

Also it’s not surprising he’s getting hammered on social media due to his remarks on the game v them down the road last season m.

Let’s see what happens Tuesday. I’d we don’t play, he’s a hypocrite.

As above, Robinson should keep players private health matters to himself. It’s no business if anyone’s but the players should they be vaccinated or not. We had this a few weeks ago when he came out on this very subject.

Also it’s not surprising he’s getting hammered on social media due to his remarks on the game v them down the road last season m.

Let’s see what happens Tuesday. I’d we don’t play, he’s a hypocrite.
Wont tuesday (and Saturdays) game(s) be dependant on how many from the capped squad are available? ...all those who travelled together/trained together up north on friday are potentially likely to have tested positive for covid Idve thought

Agree to some extent. Where he's better is his distribution and speed of thought playing out from the back which nowadays is important.

But why? What if plumbley said “boss - tell them I’ve only had one jab so can’t play”.
I would happily give my employer consent to reveal my vaccination status.

In that example, no issue.

The previous time it wasn’t the case and it fit a few senior players backs up.

Wont tuesday (and Saturdays) game(s) be dependant on how many from the capped squad are available? ...all those who travelled together/trained together up north on friday are potentially likely to have tested positive for covid Idve thought
KR said everyone has a day off today. Monday morning players and staff will all be tested again and positives will be sent for PCR. PHE will be involved in any decision from then. EFL will also have their say!!
Many more positives and I can't see anyway there can be a game Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom