General Emergency Goalkeeper

Barrywedge

I Think Jordan Archer would be a good replacement goalkeeper from QPR played for us before and done a fine job

Have there been any emergency loans to clubs who’ve been without players due to covid? I can imagine some players or their clubs might be a bit concerned about the possibility of them catching it if they did do an emergency loan. Would the benefit outweigh the risk for them?

Have there been any emergency loans to clubs who’ve been without players due to covid? I can imagine some players or their clubs might be a bit concerned about the possibility of them catching it if they did do an emergency loan. Would the benefit outweigh the risk for them?

Was just going to write similar. If I were Archer would I want to go play for a club where 7 first teamers have tested positive?

I Think Jordan Archer would be a good replacement goalkeeper from QPR played for us before and done a fine job
He is on the bench for QPR. Would they want him to go in loan even for a short period?

One day a thread will be started suggesting we sign a player that hasn’t previously played for us before.
You’ve obviously somehow managed to avoid the Henry Landers/Kabongo Tshimanga/Les Ferdinand/Nicky Cadden theads, and I envy you for it…

• Haha
Reactions: Ian
Robinson said that he couldn't get a goalkeeper from PL sides, and the top half of league one wouldn't do us any favours, so we were looking at Championship teams. Then one was agreed but couldn't get from London in time.

So likely QPR, Fulham, or at a push, Barnsley who were playing in London today. Not unreasonable to think that Jordan Archer would be the player, especially with us having very good links with both the player and QPR.

If Plumley is only isolating, as a close contact, will he become available sooner (ie by Tuesday) If he stays testing negative?

If Plumley is only isolating, as a close contact, will he become available sooner (ie by Tuesday) If he stays testing negative?
You don't have to self isolate for close contact, you just take a PCR test.

But isn't he too young for two jabs
19 on 6th December apparently so certainly old enough to qualify for double vaccinated but may not have had long enough since being able to take the first to then have a second.

Either way, I suspect that with a player agreed today but unable to get to Wigan in time we will have less need for Kie to be involved.

He is on the bench for QPR. Would they want him to go in loan even for a short period?
Probably OK for a 7 day loan. They might even be quite keen on it as he'll get a couple of 'real' games, as opposed to training matches. Hope it's Archer. He was very good in his previous loan spell.

Back
Top Bottom