Dream Team?

Probably because potential is not just about stadium capacity and average attendances. Money seems to be the key factor these days but thank god for the likes of Burnley , Bournemouth, Watford etc. who don’t conform.
Agree mostly with you asArsenals average gate has been 2nd best for many years and Newcastle right up there but due to lack of investment to compete with big 4/5 clubs they haven’t. Newcastle have gates nearly 5 times Bournemouths but when have they spent 25 million on a player. Sides like Burnley and Watford do give us all hope

I actually feel sorry for SD here. By having Charlie involved you get all Charlie’s little tag alongs and free riders trying to get involved too.

Mark Sennat has gone to a whole new level of embarrassment by starting this thread.

I honestly struggle to see how Mark or Charlie are OUFC fans. In fact I don’t think Charlie is. He just wanted to run his local club for his ego and this has been the case for a very very long time. when he couldn’t do it he soon turned on the club. Mark wanted in on the little adventure but like Charlie got all bitter when the dream wasn’t possible.

Now Stewart has got involved in Sunderland OUFC should suddenly start being able to compete on a similar footing which is both stupid and unrealistic.

I suppose it is a new concept a so called OUFC fan trolling the clubs own forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually feel sorry for SD here. By having Charlie involved you get all Charlie’s little tag alongs and free riders trying to get involved too.

Mark Sennat has gone to a whole new level of embarrassment by starting this thread.

I honestly struggle to see how Mark or Charlie are OUFC fans. In fact I don’t think Charlie is. He just wanted to run his local club for his ego and this has been the case for a very very long time. when he couldn’t do it he soon turned on the club. Mark wanted in on the little adventure but like Charlie got all bitter when the dream wasn’t possible.

Now Stewart has got involved in Sunderland OUFC should suddenly start being able to compete on a similar footing which is both stupid and unrealistic.

I suppose it is a new concept a so called OUFC fan trolling the clubs own forum.

Why do you feel sorry for him? He would have known what baggage the jilted one brings with him so why get involved with him?
Perhaps he wants his input when appointing a new manager? Micky Adams will be well pleased.

6054d0ca745038f2985d9e65a6e82c2e.jpg

As neither are choosing to defend themselves on here, of course Mark (Sennett?) and Charlie are OUFC fans, and have been many more years than me. I don't think Charlie particularly wanted to "run the club" either, rather to put it in a position to be acquired by someone to own it with the club's best interests, but not at any cost, which is perhaps where the previous takeovers were pipped at the post by Eales when taking over from Lenagan, and then eventually by Tiger when buying out Eales.

If Tiger's takeover had happened last Summer and we didn't have this trainwreck of a season, perhaps a lot of the negativity wouldn't have been needed.

There is still a long way to go to see what Tiger brings to the club, the concerns being that either he hasn't got any associates to help fund it, or he does but they have dodgy associations.

Anyway good luck to Madrox and their partners in the Sunderland consortium - I suspect they may have to spend a lot more than was forecast for a potential OUFC journey to the Championship, but with much higher potential rewards.

As neither are choosing to defend themselves on here, of course Mark (Sennett?) and Charlie are OUFC fans, and have been many more years than me. I don't think Charlie particularly wanted to "run the club" either, rather to put it in a position to be acquired by someone to own it with the club's best interests, but not at any cost, which is perhaps where the previous takeovers were pipped at the post by Eales when taking over from Lenagan, and then eventually by Tiger when buying out Eales.

If Tiger's takeover had happened last Summer and we didn't have this trainwreck of a season, perhaps a lot of the negativity wouldn't have been needed.

There is still a long way to go to see what Tiger brings to the club, the concerns being that either he hasn't got any associates to help fund it, or he does but they have dodgy associations.

Anyway good luck to Madrox and their partners in the Sunderland consortium - I suspect they may have to spend a lot more than was forecast for a potential OUFC journey to the Championship, but with much higher potential rewards.
My take on chaz and co, they might be OUFC supporters, but like a lot of people around football clubs are looking for their angle to make money off the back of the club, now that Oxford is not so appealing after the cost for buying it and the effort required to move it to the next level to make "some" money, with the apparent block on any move to a farmers field they "know".
Now their move to sunderland and the potential riches that might unfold, i can't see they have gone there for anything other than a chance to make some big money, time will tell if that comes to fruition.

Way I see it (from my own dealings) there have been hangers on for a quick buck in OxVox, the people OxVox have recommended do work at the ground, members of Yellow Army and so forth.

By no means is that all of the above but it’s the way it is. There’s hangers on and freeloaders in every business. I’m sure SD will know what’s what.

Personally I’m rather tired of the whole “would have bought the club but.... heart and head but.... Water Eaton but....Monaco businessman but.....”

I won’t trust red courderoy trousers not a Fran Cotton rugby jersey at the football anymore than a bow tied Taiwanese businessman so good luck to them all.

Way I see it (from my own dealings) there have been hangers on for a quick buck in OxVox, the people OxVox have recommended do work at the ground, members of Yellow Army and so forth.

By no means is that all of the above but it’s the way it is. There’s hangers on and freeloaders in every business. I’m sure SD will know what’s what.

Personally I’m rather tired of the whole “would have bought the club but.... heart and head but.... Water Eaton but....Monaco businessman but.....”

I won’t trust red courderoy trousers not a Fran Cotton rugby jersey at the football anymore than a bow tied Taiwanese businessman so good luck to them all.
I hope the bow tie wearing Thai is more honest than the lot of the above though.?

Back
Top Bottom