Tickets Doncaster Rovers- attendance

Foley

So, presumably the attendance will depend on the result v Rotherham.
Even if we lose, will their be a decent crowd after such an exciting season?

So, presumably the attendance will depend on the result v Rotherham.
Even if we lose, will their be a decent crowd after such an exciting season?

It’ll be a sell out if come 5pm Saturday we know that there’s is at least a tiny chance we could get in the play offs with a win I think.

If not then probably 9k I reckon.

One for the number bods - what sort of financial impact will our attendances have had on the books this season?

Obviously, they won't make much of a dent in the losses in the most recent accounts, but they presumably have given a bit extra to the kitty overall. Six our our last eight home games have brought in over 10k each time. That must look good for ticket sale revenue.

(We've had three Tuesday night attendances sub-6000 which were all wins. A stat from the OM's James Roberts mentioned that we've won every midweek league fixture this season.)

Very good early sales.

We're at just below 6,900 excluding boxes and away fans. That's ahead of all games, at this stage, apart from Sunderland, and is about equal to sales for Sheff Wed, Portsmouth, and Ipswich on midnight on the Monday before those games. So a full five days ahead of those games.

I think it will be a big attendance, obviously affected greatly by Saturday's result at Rotherham. That said, I don't expect many from Doncaster to travel, and neither do the club. If needed there could be the possibility of moving the segregation for this game.

In relation to the question above, about the financial impact of this season's crowds, you're looking at over £1.25m extra income compared to the previous year.

OUFC Dot Counters, providing a service to fans way beyond just counting dots!!!

In relation to the question above, about the financial impact of this season's crowds, you're looking at over £1.25m extra income compared to the previous year.
I would hope that we may have a boost for next season with pitch advertising revenue as a roll-on from the upturn in numbers, more potential eyes in the ground leading to higher advertising cost? (assuming we don't go up - if we do then this will naturally increase in value)

I would hope that we may have a boost for next season with pitch advertising revenue as a roll-on from the upturn in numbers, more potential eyes in the ground leading to higher advertising cost? (assuming we don't go up - if we do then this will naturally increase in value)
The key to this will hopefully be higher season ticket sales, even if we don't go up, on the back of a good season and people being more confident that they will be able to go to games, having had a positive experience when attending on an occasional basis. Everything else then increases exponentially.

Very good early sales.

We're at just below 6,900 excluding boxes and away fans. That's ahead of all games, at this stage, apart from Sunderland, and is about equal to sales for Sheff Wed, Portsmouth, and Ipswich on midnight on the Monday before those games. So a full five days ahead of those games.

I think it will be a big attendance, obviously affected greatly by Saturday's result at Rotherham. That said, I don't expect many from Doncaster to travel, and neither do the club. If needed there could be the possibility of moving the segregation for this game.

OUFC Dot Counters, providing a service to fans way beyond just counting dots!!

We’ve given Doncaster 504 tickets which they don’t look like they’ll sell out so that will be the segregation being moved?

The key to this will hopefully be higher season ticket sales, even if we don't go up, on the back of a good season and people being more confident that they will be able to go to games, having had a positive experience when attending on an occasional basis. Everything else then increases exponentially.

The other intangible factor is that crowds sell crowds.

If you have a great time watching us win 3-2 with 4000 home fans there’s not a desire factor at play.

The moment there aren’t empty seats everywhere it changes the marketing tone.

I’ve a funny feeling next season will see record season ticket sales , and once people realise there’s a big uptick more will join the bandwagon. I can imagine a 20-30% increase

If Sunderland and Wycombe both draw Saturday, we’ll still have a chance regardless of our result against Rotherham. (Providing Sunderland then go on to lose to Rotherham)

Segregation question............ how small can we make the away allocation in the North? Within the "rules" and all that jazz.

I remember well the "Villa Door" incident, but wonder if there have been any structural alterations below to mitigate such things and make the away section more flexible?

Segregation question............ how small can we make the away allocation in the North? Within the "rules" and all that jazz.

I remember well the "Villa Door" incident, but wonder if there have been any structural alterations below to mitigate such things and make the away section more flexible?
Kassam won’t have paid for any alterations, so I doubt it. I should imagine it’s not very flexible, they will have to leave some toilets and a refreshment kiosk for the away fans, so not even sure if there is much scope for reducing below 1200 away fans (which is the lowest I can remember giving to the away team).

Yes
But a big difference between 400 Donny fans who will be relegated by then and 1800 Villa fans some intent on trouble

They use a temporary outdoor wall for segregation for some games. Reckon they could have one for the internal concourse , that then possibly would allow the segregation in the stand to be more flexible. Or is that to sensible a idea 😁

The other intangible factor is that crowds sell crowds.

If you have a great time watching us win 3-2 with 4000 home fans there’s not a desire factor at play.

The moment there aren’t empty seats everywhere it changes the marketing tone.

I’ve a funny feeling next season will see record season ticket sales , and once people realise there’s a big uptick more will join the bandwagon. I can imagine a 20-30% increase
Yes, that's really what I meant by people having had a good experience.

If we've had a number of large, bouyant, crowds, with a good atmosphere, it's far more likely to have been an experience that the casual fan wants to repeat more regularly than a two thirds empty wind tunnel with zero atmosphere. People go where people go is the marketing mantra, I believe.

20% to 30% increase would be bang on if we get it right, I'd say.

In reply to @Essexyellows question regarding how small the segregation could be, that's down to SAG and TVP, so don't expect it to suddenly be only two seats wide! However, with a smallish away following, and a very large home demand, there could be scope to move it along a whole section, so freeing up another 700 home seats. As ever, it's not a given though.

EDIT: Just re-read @Essexyellows question, and it was regarding the allocation, not the segregation. EFL rules stipulate 10% of capacity, so about 1,200. If the away side is happy to accept less, then we can give them less, by agreement.

Last edited:
Yes
But a big difference between 400 Donny fans who will be relegated by then and 1800 Villa fans some intent on trouble

On the Football grounds website, the photo of the North Stand shows the segregation is one block further over, possibly pre-Villa?

If anyone is waiting on the Rotherham result to get a ticket to the last game of what has been an excellent season, is it that big a shame if they were to miss out?
Obviously we could use the money.

My worry is not the Donny fans wanting to cause trouble, but some of the people who turn out only for the big games are the sort of people who may not take it well if we don't get the result we need.

On the Football grounds website, the photo of the North Stand shows the segregation is one block further over, possibly pre-Villa?

If anyone is waiting on the Rotherham result to get a ticket to the last game of what has been an excellent season, is it that big a shame if they were to miss out?

My worry is not the Donny fans wanting to cause trouble, but some of the people who turn out only for the big games are the sort of people who may not take it well if we don't get the result we need.

What a curious post. In the middle paragraph you appear to be suggesting that anyone who hasn't yet got a ticket for the Donny game somehow deserves to miss out?
And in the final paragraph that any 'extra' supporters are more likely to be trouble-makers?

Very odd. Once again, I think there is a wider belief (seen it from many) that when we have a large/r crowd that somehow these people are day-trippers. Many of them (for my money) will be semi-regulars at least, who obviously if only able to go to a handful of games a season (for a variety of reasons - family, distance, money) would pick these games.
The idea that we have a static 6k or 7k supporters and that anytime we get a crowd over that, that the 'extra' are day-trippers is ridiculous.

People could be waiting for lots of other reasons rather than just the Rotherham result - Can they get it off work/might they have to go in to work that Saturday, can they get childcare, are they currently ill and waiting to see if they feel better by then, are they waiting on the same but for a friend or relative they’re going along with, or do they have to wait for payday until buying a ticket?

Lots of possible reasons and I’m not sure that it’s helpful to start saying that we don’t want to sell an extra 700 tickets with the extra money and improved atmosphere that would bring, because it’s not a shame in your view if those fans miss out…

Back
Top Bottom