General Dean Holden

With the sacking of not just the manager, but also the assistant and goal keeper coach it looks as if someone else is already lined up with their own assistants.

Karl, Leon and Wayne it is then😉
That made me smile. But I can't see Charlton fans accepting Karl Robinson back, think they might riot!

That made me smile. But I can't see Charlton fans accepting Karl Robinson back, think they might riot!
Can you imagine him going back? They hated him last time and he jumped before being sacked. My god, they’d need to barricade the board room if they brought him back.

He’s too busy washing the kit and will be running the line at their next match.
Washing the kit is the perfect time to catch up on a bit of EDM.

02019e8ce959058bedd53e690bce2e9b.gif

if they get appleton and use him properly they could be top six
I think that would depend on how good he thinks that the squad he inherits is.
By the time that there is a new manager in, the transfer window will be closed.
MAPP likes bringing in his own players, so I wonder if going to Charlton could be like his first year at Oxford.
They have some decent players, but an awful lot of young players , and if they can't get Camara fit, I wonder whether they are quite good enough for top 6?

if they get appleton and use him properly they could be top six

All depends on which version of MApp they get. Get the Oxford/Lincoln season 1 then it could be good, get the other clubs' version then it may be not much better than now.

Would also depend on the leeway/support Methven & co provide along with how much time the Charlton fans would give him. I suspect the Charlton fans have become somewhat like Sunderland fans when calling for managers' to go. Methven and that ownership group wasn't exactly stand firm with such calls.

All depends on which version of MApp they get. Get the Oxford/Lincoln season 1 then it could be good, get the other clubs' version then it may be not much better than now.

Would also depend on the leeway/support Methven & co provide along with how much time the Charlton fans would give him. I suspect the Charlton fans have become somewhat like Sunderland fans when calling for managers' to go. Methven and that ownership group wasn't exactly stand firm with such calls.
My interpretation of the Charlton Supporters trust statement is that they would prefer a steady manager with a decent onwership group behind the club.

CM will have learnt a lot from his time at Sunderland. I think that neglecting to take managerial decisions early to save money is a false economy. As we very nearly found it with that extraordinary collapse under Robinson last year.

I think that neglecting to take managerial decisions early to save money is a false economy. As we very nearly found it with that extraordinary collapse under Robinson last year.

I would counter that with if fans had been listened to early in MApp's time with us then he'd have been fired, potentially costing promotion to L1.

It all depends on the situation at the individual club whether it is knee jerk or a false economy.

I suppose the question is are this ownership group decent, which I don't know other than Lenagan seemed decent when with us. Methven will have to learn purely based on his Sunderland time.

I would counter that with if fans had been listened to early in MApp's time with us then he'd have been fired, potentially costing promotion to L1.

It all depends on the situation at the individual club whether it is knee jerk or a false economy.

I suppose the question is are this ownership group decent, which I don't know other than Lenagan seemed decent when with us. Methven will have to learn purely based on his Sunderland time.
I think that was a different set of circumstances though. Appleton was brought in as part of the takeover team by Eales and Ashton so they were always going to give him more time with his own players and tactics.

CM's group at Charlton inherited Dean Holden, and so much like a new manager wanting his own back room staff, I think it is not unreasonable for a new ownership group to have their own idea what sort of manager they want.

I think that was a different set of circumstances though. Appleton was brought in as part of the takeover team by Eales and Ashton so they were always going to give him more time with his own players and tactics.

CM's group at Charlton inherited Dean Holden, and so much like a new manager wanting his own back room staff, I think it is not unreasonable for a new ownership group to have their own idea what sort of manager they want.

Agreed, each situation is down to circumstances. We'll see if CM has learnt or not over the coming seasons.

If they are looking to bring through the youth, as the Charlton fans I've read comments from suggest, then I'm surprised they are interviewing Danny Cowley as he never really struck me as that type of manager (I don't have any specific info to back this up). No harm in doing an interview I suppose.

Agreed, each situation is down to circumstances. We'll see if CM has learnt or not over the coming seasons.

If they are looking to bring through the youth, as the Charlton fans I've read comments from suggest, then I'm surprised they are interviewing Danny Cowley as he never really struck me as that type of manager (I don't have any specific info to back this up). No harm in doing an interview I suppose.
Cowley does not really fit the historical Charlton model. Not an advocate of youth or an attractive style of play. You get the feeling Cowley will only really prosper in environments where style is not a key requirement. He would have been the ideal candidate for Wycombe when Ainsworth jumped ship.