Croatia v Czechs

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Hope the Czechs win and win big. England to beat Scotland by a goal or two at most and then play out a draw against the Czechs in the final group game.

Czechs can then go on and play the runner up from ‘group of death’ Group F as group winners and England go through as runners up with a lesser goal difference/draw in a head to head with Czechia.

Job’s a good’un.

Last edited:
VAR generally seems to have been applied better in this tournament than what we’ve seen in the PL. It has been far less intrusive and quickly applied. However, they got that one wrong.

It’s a creeping issue in that when the VAR guys say that a ref should take a look at the pitch side monitor of an incident, the ref inevitably agrees that an infringement took place. You don’t see many stand by their convictions.

I really don’t see an issue in what Lovren did bearing in mind Schick’s arms were up too.

Fancy using your arms to get off the ground.................

Next goal wins it but I have no idea who will get it!

Hope the Czechs win and win big. England to beat Scotland by a goal or two at most and then play out a draw against the Czechs in the final group game.

Czechs can then go on and play the runner up from ‘group of death’ Group F as group winners and England go through as runners up with a lesser goal difference/draw in a head to head with Czechia.

Job’s a good’un.

Have to say, I think this commonly held belief that it's better for England to finish 2nd in the group is nonsense.

Yes, it likely gets you the easier draw in the last sixteen (i.e. not Germany or Portugal).

But it also puts you in the top half of the draw. Which, by the way, barring surprises is where you're likely going to find Italy, Belgium and France.

2nd in the group is better if England are OK with just a run to the Quarters. If we're looking at a more manageable run to the Final (and with this squad, we should be setting our sights that high) then we need to be winning our group.

(n.b. this analysis goes in the bin if France mess it up againt Portugal!!)

Back
Top Bottom