Ned v czechs

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Netherlands implode at a major tournament again they never recovered from the sending off . Barak a massive improvement to the Czech side as well as playing at a neutral Stadium .
Great result for the Czechs Netherlands must be looking back at the one on one and think what if !

England poor in a poor group, we'd get murdered by the Dutch, etc, etc.
No one mentioned the Dutch .
We played poorly at home when winning early both matches and drawing with the Scots .
A sending off , different player in Barak ( Hellas Veronas star player in Serie A ) and a goal changes confidence.
Netherlands very disappointing but that's the fun of the competition.

That would be so jammy of the Germans. The worst side they’ve had in ages and a wide open draw for them.

As someone pointed out on the other thread, it's exactly what happened in 2002 at the World Cup!

Their team of Michael Ballack and a bunch of scrubs ended up having to beat Paraguay, USA and South Korea (all 1-0) to reach the final. When of course Fatty & co. properly dismantled them.....

Netherlands are fur coat, no knickers.

All show in the group stage and beaten today in the knockouts. The red card was an impact but they weren’t all that even before the sending off.

Czech Republic are no mugs. They got a win over England in Prague in qualifying and navigated a group with four points including a point against the World Cup runners up. Good to see them do well. They really should have won Euro 2004. They had a fabulous team back then - Nedved, Baros, Koller, Cech, Poborsky, Smicer …

Netherlands are fur coat, no knickers.

All show in the group stage and beaten today in the knockouts. The red card was an impact but they weren’t all that even before the sending off.

Czech Republic are no mugs. They got a win over England in Prague in qualifying and navigated a group with four points including a point against the World Cup runners up. Good to see them do well. They really should have won Euro 2004. They had a fabulous team back then - Nedved, Baros, Koller, Cech, Poborsky, Smicer …
They weren't that show in the group , Ukraine desperately unlucky not to take something from them in the game I saw them play .
Croatia no where near the force they were .
The Czechs had a great side back then though .

No one mentioned the Dutch .
We played poorly at home when winning early both matches and drawing with the Scots .
A sending off , different player in Barak ( Hellas Veronas star player in Serie A ) and a goal changes confidence.
Netherlands very disappointing but that's the fun of the competition.

You may not have, but the Dutch had been mentioned.

I'll let it go from here.

I only wanted to make the points that England were being judged very harshly by some and that doing any more than they have so far would have been pointless and counted for precisely nothing.

It's all about the Germans now, we know what we need to do.

You may not have, but the Dutch had been mentioned.

I'll let it go from here.

I only wanted to make the points that England were being judged very harshly by some and that doing any more than they have so far would have been pointless and counts for precisely nothing.

It's all about the Germans now, we know what we need to do.
My only points were about the disappointment that we didn't go on and go for a few goals at home after going one up and not using the talent at our disposal, We were poor in the group stages in my opinion but it counts for nothing now .
The Germans await ....Come on 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

After the match last night the Dutch turned all the lights out and went to bed, crying.
It was a very poor display from the Dutch. No good link between defence and attack. Czechs deserved to win.

p.s. Karl, have we signed Barak yet?

I had my suspicions that the Dutch had benefited from a weaker group, not exactly a stellar side and it got shown last night. It does make you wonder if England’s group was tougher than people made out, find out in a genuine 50/50 match against Germany tomorrow. At least it’s an exciting prospect, probably more so than the game will be.

Back
Top Bottom