National News Cressida Dick

BBC Breakfast were interviewing a chap this morning, think it was Stephen Lawrence`s brother, and tried to railroad him into saying the new Commisioner should be BAME and, fair play to him he didn`t say a word despite Naga trying to push him into it. He just looked at the camera and said "get the best person for the job."

Nice payoff, achieves nothing and the new candidate will need to tick more boxes than CD did.
They’ll be appointed on the advice of the Home Secretary. But I’m sure you’re right, Priti Patel will want to tick some boxes

✔️Ignore crimes committed by the government

✔️Go in hard on protesters

✔️Make life difficult for immigrants

They’ll be appointed on the advice of the Home Secretary. But I’m sure you’re right, Priti Patel will want to tick some boxes

✔️Ignore crimes committed by the government

✔️Go in hard on protesters

✔️Make life difficult for immigrants
But they will also have to have feminist and anti-racist credentials, given the disclosures recently about the sort of culture that's thrived under Dick. Not an easy balancing act

I appreciate the reality may be somewhat different, but What is the official process for appointing her replacement?

Is it the PM?
Is it the home secretary?
Is it the mayor?
Is it some mysterious internal process?
Or is it one of these things everyone gets to vote on at the same time as the local council elections?

I appreciate the reality may be somewhat different, but What is the official process for appointing her replacement?

Is it the PM?
Is it the home secretary?
Is it the mayor?
Is it some mysterious internal process?
Or is it one of these things everyone gets to vote on at the same time as the local council elections?

I think it is the Home Secretary but could be wrong.

I think not appointing a racist misogynist would be sensible in any job!

Home Sec with input from London Mayor ..... Which could prove to be a standoff of sorts with Patel going head-on with Khan
Apparently n they’ve already had a disagreement over the commissioners replacement.

Back
Top Bottom