National News Covidiots.....

Applies to “groups of six“ meeting at any one time as far as I can tell.

There are exceptions if you google .gov.uk

It does also say try to limit the number of people you see over a short period time....

Common sense would say that Jeremy Corbyn being at a dinner party once a month (for instance) with six other people is better than the rotating birthday party guests where only six people are together at one time, but five then leave and another five turn up, or perhaps you have a different family come round for dinner every day.

Though some people don't seem to have any common sense and need rules to strictly abide by.

It is the human psyche, give me a set of rules and I will find loopholes where I can obtain an advantage. It occurs in tax legislation etc. It is why there are so many wealthy lawyers. It's part of our DNA to improve. I accept the argument that gaining loopholes is not technically improving but it is the fundamental reason why people do it.

Cream of the crop them students........................

"Among those were to seven students in Lenton - an area with a high student population - who said they were celebrating negative Covid-19 tests."

It was obvious what would happen when students went back or started. Stupid idea.
My advice to people is keep well clear of Oxford itself. The numbers of positives are already shooting up and with the term just starting they'll go through the roof soon.

EkTixAXWAAQsrnv

Or you could have the same cartoon with Johnson stopping Starmer pulling the switch, with the caption "Old people of Britain, Goodbye'.
Satire...
But we will never know which one of them will have been right

• React
Reactions: m
But we will never know which one of them will have been right
We may find out that the current approach is wrong if things don't improve (or they get worse) and we have to go for a full lock down for a while anyway though? That would mean we'd given more time for the virus to spread, I'd have thought?

Sigh - I wish we could talk about some meaningful football...

Interesting comments from former UK chief scientist/ medical adviser on Peston last night

He said (along the lines of) that he thinks the best control to stop the spread of covid is micro lockdowns, policed properly, instead of locking down areas of 3m people, the government should be targeting the actual problem area/ place of say 300 or even 30 people. He also said ( along the lines of) that the current track and trace isn't fit for purpose, and its being run by people with little or no experience (Dom's mates?)

Im sure there's a link somewhere from last nights Peston show on ITV?
not that I can find it ATM

Interesting comments from former UK chief scientist/ medical adviser on Peston last night

He said (along the lines of) that he thinks the best control to stop the spread of covid is micro lockdowns, policed properly, instead of locking down areas of 3m people, the government should be targeting the actual problem area/ place of say 300 or even 30 people. He also said ( along the lines of) that the current track and trace isn't fit for purpose, and its being run by people with little or no experience (Dom's mates?)

Im sure there's a link somewhere from last nights Peston show on ITV?
not that I can find it ATM
Agreed and it’s worked in other countries. The only issue we’ve got a steaming pile of turd for a national track and trace system which I imagine makes his suggestion all the more difficult.

Agreed and it’s worked in other countries. The only issue we’ve got a steaming pile of turd for a national track and trace system which I imagine makes his suggestion all the more difficult.
albeit not in those words, it was more or less the gist of what he said on the subject

Apparently a pub in the Wirral has genuinely been renamed 'The Three Bellends', with a pub sign featuring Cummings, Johnson and Hancock, each sporting a bell on top of their head (like a hat)

sadly the image doing the rounds on social media isn't in a format my device recognises ( and Im too much of a technological luddite to work out how to reformat it)- very amusing it looks though

Apparently a pub in the Wirral has genuinely been renamed 'The Three Bellends', with a pub sign featuring Cummings, Johnson and Hancock, each sporting a bell on top of their head (like a hat)

sadly the image doing the rounds on social media isn't in a format my device recognises ( and Im too much of a technological luddite to work out how to reformat it)- very amusing it looks though

Back
Top Bottom