Championship Championship Last day

Er well maybe they have - not bad given their resources and sensible policy not to spend, spend, spend and put themselves at risk of going bust.
They really really haven't. Some of the stats from their games, especially possession and shots on goal have been appalling. Are you forgetting that Wednesday got a points deduction and they got a leg up last season?

They really really haven't. Some of the stats from their games, especially possession and shots on goal have been appalling. Are you forgetting that Wednesday got a points deduction and they got a leg up last season?
a goal difference of -30 over 46 games .... scored 39, conceded 69

Things haven’t gone to well for Dunkley if we happen to still be in L1 next season I will applaud him as he was one of ours, but would I want him back? Nope

Wycombe definitely ended in a false position. Realistically they were down weeks ago, but a run of 3 wins in their final 4 dead-rubber matches makes it look like they were just pipped at the last.

They'll come down and finish midtable next season.

Wycombe definitely ended in a false position. Realistically they were down weeks ago, but a run of 3 wins in their final 4 dead-rubber matches makes it look like they were just pipped at the last.

They'll come down and finish midtable next season.
I can see them doing a Sunderland and really struggling next season, probably not going down, but coming to the realisation that they're nowhere near as good as they think they are and being firmly put in their place.

Hopefully anyway.

Pathetic the usual posters hating on Wycombe. Like there is a rivalry?
Well there certainly is a rivalry, they’re our nearest club and we’ve played them a lot lately. But also I dislike them like I dislike Fleetwood and used to dislike Stevenage, for being nasty cheating sods who’ve had the upper hand over us recently.

Well there certainly is a rivalry, they’re our nearest club and we’ve played them a lot lately. But also I dislike them like I dislike Fleetwood and used to dislike Stevenage, for being nasty cheating sods who’ve had the upper hand over us recently.
That's mostly one sided though, isn't it? We didn't win the play off final last year because we were awful on the night, not because they turned up and played like Barcelona - so well done to them for taking their chance on that occasion, but they mean no more as 'rivals' to me than any number of other clubs and less than quite a lot.

No there isn’t a rivalry. Can I add you to the list of concretebob and EssexYellows of”folk” who think there is ?

Wycombe never have and never will be rivals. We used to have this discussion about Northampton but as they declined and we got better they gave up trying to build a rivalry.
Hopefully when Wycombe return to their usual place as a yo-yo team between league 1 and 2 our fans will stop trying to create a rivalry.
We have 2 main derbies in Reading and Swindon although we haven’t played Reading in years!
We then have a healthy rivalry with Pompey, Luton and Bristol Rovers. After that then all clubs merge into one another.

No there isn’t a rivalry. Can I add you to the list of concretebob and EssexYellows of”folk” who think there is ?
Dunno how you define a rivalry, but a nearby team that are our close rivals and are building up some history with us seems to constitute a rivalry. Things change, we may not play Swindon again for some time.

You can add me to whatever list you like honey xx

As an OUFC supporting friend of mine says ‘Hating Wycombe is like hating your Gran’ - very true.

Swindon are C***s and I’ll dislike Reading if they are in our league of a season.

Back
Top Bottom