General Cars

Wing mirrors on the S1 are from the Mini Metro!
Amongst owners and enthusiasts it's common knowledge that parts from Lotus are just re-boxed/re-labelled from other manufacturers. The biggest laugh was that the original engine was the Rover 1.8 K series. You didn't trust it until the head gasket had failed, then, and only then, could it be sorted to last. When mine went, in bloody France, I had the upgraded sports version put on. Huge improvement which meant that it could be better tuned. The S2 benefitted, eventually, from getting the Toyota 2ZZ engine that they put in several of their better performance models. I had the 111R which had the VVTi version (variable valve) which meant that around 6500 rpm it "kicked" in a lot more power. (unless you had the modified ECU - as I did to give a smoother transition.)

Going back to MG's I had the greatest time as a young lad belting around in an MGA from the early 60's. Totally impractical - no door locks, no power steering (similar to the S1) and the roof was canvas so it gradually rotted away!

Right now I'm driving an F-TypeR Jag. 5 litre, 550 PS rear wheel drive (they do an all wheel drive version as well - but this is more fun) Downside is the cost of driving, really don't know if I can justify the expense but, I'm going to stick with as long as I can!
If yours was the ‘orange’ one parked next to me at Lincoln I’d stick with it as long as I could too 👌🏻

I had more fun in my mx5 mk1 than in the subsequent Subaru Impreza. That needed to be at silly speeds wheras the mx5 was fun all the time.

You will enjoy the mx5. For now i’m stuck with a Skoda Suberb for sensibleness!

Morris Marina actually, remember one being parked near Mum`s house, early 1980`s for context, when we were walking home from the pub.
Tried the Marina key in the door and it opened it.

Locked it carefully and headed home. :) :ROFLMAO:

Also used on other early Lotus cars and early Range Rovers......
My Hillman Imp key got lost and my friends parents key to the freezer started it

I had more fun in my mx5 mk1 than in the subsequent Subaru Impreza. That needed to be at silly speeds wheras the mx5 was fun all the time.

You will enjoy the mx5. For now i’m stuck with a Skoda Suberb for sensibleness!
I love the Superb especially the L and K. It looks like the MX5 will be great fun for me

Had the same car for 8 years now 04 X-type jag 2l diesel....Since ive owned it ive put 135k miles on the clock...not too.bad on distance fuel consumption ( 50mpg) ....best car ive ever owned ....needed a bit of tlc recently since which its been to Exeter n back, Burnley n back Dublin n back, currently in Eastbourne back to.the 'shire later
My friend who lives locally has a Jaguar S Type that he’s had for ten years. Never missed a beat

I had the misfortune to have to borrow an Austin Princess one day. I accidentally left the passenger door wide open one night.
I lived on an a busy road but sadly the car was still there nearly 24 hours later…..
I remember hiring one for a day for fun. What a horrible car. Having hired a Cortina Mk5 on hire before the comparison was certainly very stark.
Awkward pedals and performance not much better than a Morris 1100. Seats were so uncomfortable.

Bought our first ever new car last year. Tesla Model Y RWD (the bottom of the range option). Love it. Charge it from solar panels so it costs nothing to run. Its a very smooth drive. I don't even have to try to burn off boy racers at the lights - even in "chill mode" it effortlessly accelerates ahead of them :)
It's quiet so I can listen to any music I want while driving. The autosteer is much better than others I've tried (volvo, mazda). It's big enough to fit a tall family (I'm 6'6"), and I picked up 4 sheets of ply and 6x2.4m 2be4s on Saturday no problem.

I’ve been in one a couple of times
My friends one is run by 20 solar panels in his roof at home
Reckons he only pays £50pm for his heating and that includes two air con units

I think I’ll stick with a V12 😉

Attachments

• 0AB44395-1B3E-401F-9B9E-06344CA20697.jpeg
    0AB44395-1B3E-401F-9B9E-06344CA20697.jpeg
    464.3 KB · Views: 24
That is a thing of beauty. 😍
Thankyou.
F12 Tdf- one of 45 RHD UK models( 599 worldwide)
Took a while to come up with the eventual choices-signed off in 2015 for delivery in late 2016.
The main body is painted in a classic Ferrari pallet of “ Argento Nurburgring “
The painted stripe is in “Blu Ribot” the colour of my then 1972 365GTC/4.
Pininfarina named many of his paint colours after thoroughbred race horses - hence Ribot, who raced in the 1950’s,
The standard F12 was the last car designed by Pininfarina-with the Tdf designed in house at Maranello.

Thankyou.
F12 Tdf- one of 45 RHD UK models( 599 worldwide)
Took a while to come up with the eventual choices-signed off in 2015 for delivery in late 2016.
The main body is painted in a classic Ferrari pallet of “ Argento Nurburgring “
The painted stripe is in “Blu Ribot” the colour of my then 1972 365GTC/4.
Pininfarina named many of his paint colours after thoroughbred race horses - hence Ribot, who raced in the 1950’s,
The standard F12 was the last car designed by Pininfarina-with the Tdf designed in house at Maranello.
That is a very special car and with a mental 0-62 in 2.9 secs thrown in with those looks!
I’ve just told my wife we’re putting our house up for sale and going to live in the shed…..

That is a very special car and with a mental 0-62 in 2.9 secs thrown in with those looks!
I’ve just told my wife we’re putting our house up for sale and going to live in the shed…..
I was very fortunate to be chosen to receive an allocation- all were personally vetted by Ferrari in Italy.

Back
Top Bottom