International News Black Lives Matter

You might just want to take your blinkers off.

The gentlemen that were formally found not guilty.

"Prince Dixon, 25, of Gravesend, Kent; Troy Reid, 20 of Southwark; Cameron Deriggs, 19, of Lewisham, and Devonte Brown, 19, of Southwark, had also pleaded not guilty to having a gun and ammunition with intent to endanger life."

I`m no gambler but I will take an educated guess those four tick the BAME box.
You are back to squirrels are you. They are the 'accused' not 'the black community',

Last edited:
Back on topic.................. taken a while to reach the BBC.

The "wall of silence" in the black community means the victim gets no justice as the trial collapses.
I’m just as guilty. I stayed silent to the Authorities when Derek Bird went on the rampage, shooting innocent people in Cumbria.
As a White male I should have been assisting Police with their enquiries from the very start.
I’ve never met Derek, and was in Oxford when it happened, but obviously due to my ethnicity I must take some responsibility wouldn’t you agree?

You are back to squirrels are you. They are 'the black community', they are the 'accused'

I’m just as guilty. I stayed silent to the Authorities when Derek Bird went on the rampage, shooting innocent people in Cumbria.
As a White male I should have been assisting Police with their enquiries from the very start.
I’ve never met Derek, and was in Oxford when it happened, but obviously due to my ethnicity I must take some responsibility wouldn’t you agree?

No squirrels here.
Her family speaks of the wall of silence.
The police speak about it.
There is a commonality you can not accept, NMP. 🤷‍♀️

The Met statement went as follows....................

"In a statement, the Met Police confirmed that Ms Johnson had been at a house party in Consort Road when four men broke into the garden through a side gate.

A fight ensued where a man in his 20s suffered a knife wound. During the fight, a gun was fired, injuring Ms Johnson.

Detective Chief Inspector Richard Leonard, who is leading the investigation, said: "Our investigation continues to make progress but we need the assistance of the community to find out who was responsible for this horrific attack that has left Sasha fighting for her life.

“We know there was an organised party taking place in the back garden of an address in Consort Road. Sasha was among around 30 guests at the party.

"Shortly before 3am, four black males wearing dark clothing have gained entry into the garden through a side entrance and in the ensuing melee a firearm has been discharged injuring Sasha. The suspects have then fled the garden."

No squirrels here.
Her family speaks of the wall of silence.
The police speak about it.
There is a commonality you can not accept, NMP. 🤷‍♀️

The Met statement went as follows....................

"In a statement, the Met Police confirmed that Ms Johnson had been at a house party in Consort Road when four men broke into the garden through a side gate.

A fight ensued where a man in his 20s suffered a knife wound. During the fight, a gun was fired, injuring Ms Johnson.

Detective Chief Inspector Richard Leonard, who is leading the investigation, said: "Our investigation continues to make progress but we need the assistance of the community to find out who was responsible for this horrific attack that has left Sasha fighting for her life.

“We know there was an organised party taking place in the back garden of an address in Consort Road. Sasha was among around 30 guests at the party.

"Shortly before 3am, four black males wearing dark clothing have gained entry into the garden through a side entrance and in the ensuing melee a firearm has been discharged injuring Sasha. The suspects have then fled the garden."
I appreciate the frustration of the family. But people aren’t staying quiet because of ethnicity, they’re staying quiet because of the fear of repercussions.
People didn’t speak out against the Krays for exactly the same reason, but you nobody suggested it was a White community problem.
The root cause of both scenarios is poverty, which allows gang culture to grow and fester, coupled with a distrust of the Police’s ability and commitment to protect them against the ruthless members of the communities in which people live.

I'm not racist, i just like to log onto a forum, find the black lives matter thread that's mostly now dormant and resurrect it by saying that black communities need to speak out more and are in some way to blame for the near fatal wounding of an activist.

Honestly, you can't even say you're English these days

I'm not racist, i just like to log onto a forum, find the black lives matter thread that's mostly now dormant and resurrect it by saying that black communities need to speak out more and are in some way to blame for the near fatal wounding of an activist.

Honestly, you can't even say you're English these days
Ooh, you sound just like him.

I appreciate the frustration of the family. But people aren’t staying quiet because of ethnicity, they’re staying quiet because of the fear of repercussions.
People didn’t speak out against the Krays for exactly the same reason, but you nobody suggested it was a White community problem.
The root cause of both scenarios is poverty, which allows gang culture to grow and fester, coupled with a distrust of the Police’s ability and commitment to protect them against the ruthless members of the communities in which people live.

Was it not the evidence of those close to the Krays that sent them down?

What was the community breakdown in their days? 95% White?

It would be better if we stopped dividing people by colour, gender etc etc and treated everyone fairly & equally, and made them feel that, as part of society, they could stand up and be counted to fix problems in their community.

Ergo BLM is doomed to fail by creating division & mistrust in authorities etc based on skin colour. 🤷‍♀️

Was it not the evidence of those close to the Krays that sent them down?

What was the community breakdown in their days? 95% White?

It would be better if we stopped dividing people by colour, gender etc etc and treated everyone fairly & equally, and made them feel that, as part of society, they could stand up and be counted to fix problems in their community.

Ergo BLM is doomed to fail by creating division & mistrust in authorities etc based on skin colour. 🤷‍♀️
Your 3rd sentence is contracting itself. “Everyone should be treated the fairly and equally, expect minorities should carry the extra burden of solving the problems in their own communities”?
Why are non minorities free from participating in this task?

Your 3rd sentence is contracting itself. “Everyone should be treated the fairly and equally, expect minorities should carry the extra burden of solving the problems in their own communities”?
Why are non minorities free from participating in this task?

Because we are all part of united communities that don`t need to be eternally subdivided by "differences".
Be decent & fair to everyone and remember you can not change the past, only learn from it and improve on the future.
We are all human first and foremost, that is the starting point.

Because we are all part of united communities that don`t need to be eternally subdivided by "differences".
Be decent & fair to everyone and remember you can not change the past, only learn from it and improve on the future.
We are all human first and foremost, that is the starting point.
Seriously, quit before you're not too far behind.

Well this is tricky........

The Chair has had his honorary degree withdrawn because the report didn`t give the "right" answers.

"In the 258-page report, Dr Sewell said while "impediments and disparities do exist... very few of them are directly to do with racism" and said factors such as geography, family influence, socio-economic background, culture and religion had "more significant impact on life chances than the existence of racism".

Almost the same as some have said on this very thread. 🤷‍♀️

And the Government has started doing something about it.

"Equalities Minister Kemi Badenoch MP said: "This is at the heart of our levelling up agenda. It's broader and more wide-ranging than any other review we've had into race and ethnicity in this country.
The causes behind racial disparities are complex and often misunderstood.
Our new strategy is about action, not rhetoric and will help create a country where a person's race, social or ethnic background is no barrier to achieving their ambitions."

Well this is tricky........

The Chair has had his honorary degree withdrawn because the report didn`t give the "right" answers.

"In the 258-page report, Dr Sewell said while "impediments and disparities do exist... very few of them are directly to do with racism" and said factors such as geography, family influence, socio-economic background, culture and religion had "more significant impact on life chances than the existence of racism".

Almost the same as some have said on this very thread. 🤷‍♀️

And the Government has started doing something about it.

"Equalities Minister Kemi Badenoch MP said: "This is at the heart of our levelling up agenda. It's broader and more wide-ranging than any other review we've had into race and ethnicity in this country.
The causes behind racial disparities are complex and often misunderstood.
Our new strategy is about action, not rhetoric and will help create a country where a person's race, social or ethnic background is no barrier to achieving their ambitions."
Not sure of your point here. Are you suggesting that everybody except “some” was suggesting that it all about pure racism and nothing to with socioeconomic circumstances? Because they weren’t.
Also, the final sentence almost definitively admits that institutional racism is a problem.

Not sure of your point here. Are you suggesting that everybody except “some” was suggesting that it all about pure racism and nothing to with socioeconomic circumstances? Because they weren’t.
Also, the final sentence almost definitively admits that institutional racism is a problem.

My point is that the societal hand people are dealt, and what they do about it, has far more impact on their development, education, achievements and future prospects than their skin colour.
Some of that can not be changed, but it can be improved over time with generational improvements and changes.
The Government/Local authorities etc can provide the ladder(s) but the person has to take that first step on it, same with many things it's about life choices and making the right ones.

My point is that the societal hand people are dealt, and what they do about it, has far more impact on their development, education, achievements and future prospects than their skin colour.
Some of that can not be changed, but it can be improved over time with generational improvements and changes.
The Government/Local authorities etc can provide the ladder(s) but the person has to take that first step on it, same with many things it's about life choices and making the right ones.
Whereas the article has quotes such as:
“How can you argue when we are getting the government to agree that racism is a problem and a key issue in this society?
and
"Black women are beginning to find out why maternity deaths are high for them because of health disparities and health services are trying to get more black people involved in clinical trials to find specific issues for them.
"It's looking at how black boys are sent down the criminal justice system and the watchdog for the Race and Equalities Commission are going to be given more powers."

🤷‍♂️

If people are disadvantaged by their race, it stands to reason they’ll also make up a large section of the poorest in society.

I would consider myself a law abiding citizen. But if I was stopped and searched every time I stepped out my front door, particularly in my youth, I would almost certainly have a criminal record. And that would effect my life chances.

• React
Reactions: QR
If people are disadvantaged by their race, it stands to reason they’ll also make up a large section of the poorest in society.

I would consider myself a law abiding citizen. But if I was stopped and searched every time I stepped out my front door, particularly in my youth, I would almost certainly have a criminal record. And that would effect my life chances.
Brilliant point. There but for the grace of God and all that.

Edit:that's assuming @Essexyellows doesn't have a criminal record. @Essexyellows ?

Back
Top Bottom