Matches B Team Boycott.........

Can’t see the point of this, football is bad enough with no spectators anyway. I’m sure there will be something better on tv to watch

You can catch the end of Footloose or tune into 19 Kids and Outnumbered or possibly Pobol Y Cwm

Can’t see the point of this, football is bad enough with no spectators anyway. I’m sure there will be something better on tv to watch
The England Australia T20 for one and (if you are desperate) the England football international featuring a few players who haven't been sneaking out of their bubble to bonk the locals?

Thinking about the Craig short piece, he talks the benefits of a handful of games against 'senior'or adult sides for the premier u21 teams, but I don't get the impression that he/they wouldn't want to do so week in week out, so I'm not sure there is as much an appetite for b teams in the league as some fear.

My view on B-Team boycott etc

Yes I went to both Barnsley and Coventry Wembley finals in the EFL ( plus prem U5s) trophy

and, Ive been to two away matches in said trophy early rounds
One being the Scum away match ( never missed a scum away game)

The other being Exeter away ( at the KO stages- we went out on pens at) as I
was working down that neck of the woods, and the U's were ( up till then) playing
superb football .... I met @Belgium Yellow at that game too

those exceptions apart Ive 'boycotted' EFL trophy matches, while PL kids teams are included

though I will be listening in on RadOx to tonights game

My view on B-Team boycott etc

Yes I went to both Barnsley and Coventry Wembley finals in the EFL ( plus prem U5s) trophy

and, Ive been to two away matches in said trophy early rounds
One being the Scum away match ( never missed a scum away game)

The other being Exeter away ( at the KO stages- we went out on pens at) as I
was working down that neck of the woods, and the U's were ( up till then) playing
superb football .... I met @Belgium Yellow at that game too

those exceptions apart Ive 'boycotted' EFL trophy matches, while PL kids teams are included

though I will be listening in on RadOx to tonights game
Don't drop me in it Sarge! I only went to that game so I could catch up with you!
I wasn't paying attention to the football match, honest!
Mind you the players were even less interested than I was.
Still, I learned something about motor scooters.

Given this, there is argument that the benefits of having B teams play competitive games is wirking as 2 of these are now full internationals and the other a key premier league 1st teamer. Did playing in the checkatrade expedite thier development and route to firstt team football? Whatever the thoughts of us lower league fans, i fear it is here to stay
It’s annoying because I’m sure the powers that be will use this as evidence of the benefits of the competition. In reality, the only reason those players got any game time last season is because Chelsea had a transfer ban, so were forced to play youth in many games or they wouldn’t have been able to name full XIs. (Or, in Ampadu’s case, were loaned to the Bundesliga).

Don't drop me in it Sarge! I only went to that game so I could catch up with you!
I wasn't paying attention to the football match, honest!
Mind you the players were even less interested than I was.
Still, I learned something about motor scooters.
The question is “ who bought the Tea at half time “

The lack of crowds at tonight's EFL Trophy games should tell the organisers all they need to know! Time to bin it.
no sponsor ... wasn't that what bought in the B teams in the first place? The prize money? ... now there's none , WTF are PL children doing in a (E) Football LEAGUE competition

But on the other hand there were wins for the kids from West Ham, Leicester, Man City. Norwich, West Brom and Arsenal...

Back
Top Bottom