Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

I'd rather be the club that lead by example than following the muppets in the premier league
Problem is that it's easy to lead by example when it's 2 youth players but were it two senior pros with a transfer value you have to question what any club would do

these 2 should be treated the same way as any player should be treated. So if it were Rob Atkinson and James Henry for example we have to be sure that whatever action is taken against two kids is exactly the same as would be taken against your valuable assets

Only then we're you leading by example

It's a difficult one

I have some sympathy for your argument, but educate them? Really? They didn't understand or know?
I think there's a good chance they didn't fully understand or know the seriousness of their actions, yes. Or do you think they realised that they could get sacked if caught and decided to do it anyway?

I personally don't like this modern society of "Someone has made a mistake! Hang them! Shun them! PUNISH THEM!!!" But that's just me. I understand that it's a very emotive issue.

I think there's a good chance they didn't fully understand or know the seriousness of their actions, yes. Or do you think they realised that they could get sacked if caught and decided to do it anyway?

I personally don't like this modern society of "Someone has made a mistake! Hang them! Shun them! PUNISH THEM!!!" But that's just me. I understand that it's a very emotive issue.
If they didn’t “fully understand “ after nine months of having it shoved down their throats, then they must be pretty thick! Of course they did; it was deliberate, irresponsible and dangerous- to themselves and to others. As to your question: they clearly hoped they just wouldn’t be caught.
Hampshire- do you know anyone who’s been badly affected by the virus?

• React
Reactions: m

I flat out don't believe that anyone does not "fully understand or know the seriousness of their actions" in cases such as these. Not now.

I'm sure they didn't specifically consider getting sacked, why would they? It would be unprecedented. I suggest they did it because they thought they would get away with it - as most of us have to some degree.

Your last line is very emotive. They should be subjected to a punishment appropriate to the crime. No more, no less.

It’s all crap! Hardly anyone is following the rules. I walk every day and see double figures every time I go out. I don’t blame people it’s so hard Especially for the young. People don’t think it will happen to them. Just look at the number of games off due to COVID.

I saw shorty in a public gym recently with three youth players. None of them bothered to follow the club rules for wiping equipment down. They made no effort to social distance and at one point were all stood together right in each other’s faces.

Every case of the virus is caused because someone who didn’t follow the rules. You simply cannot catch it if everyone follows hands, face and space. From government ministers to the lowest of the low (just eat riders) there are breaches everywhere. I think it would be harsh to effectively end their careers for this. They need to be punished but not to life changing levels.

It’s all crap! Hardly anyone is following the rules.
Mmm. Totally disagree with that.
Almost everybody I know (family, friends, work colleagues) follow the rules
Sure there are some covidiots but most people in the country in my view are following the rules.
Even in the Premiership, all of the players and staff are tested twice a week I believe? They did suggest recently that the numbers are still relatively low.

Hang on a minute, these are the people and age group who are spreading the disease, there are millions of people who have stuck to the rules, but its fine for the youngsters to go out and enjoy themselves. Robinson needs to lead by example, hes the one banging on about clubs not playing by the rules. Get rid and let that be a lesson
Spot on. I do not think Robinson has any other choice if what the media are saying is correct.

Every case of the virus is caused because someone who didn’t follow the rules. You simply cannot catch it if everyone follows hands, face and space. From government ministers to the lowest of the low (just eat riders) there are breaches everywhere. I think it would be harsh to effectively end their careers for this. They need to be punished but not to life changing levels.
incorrect, i know someone who was only going to the supermarket once per week, wearing a mask, sanitising and hand washing etc and he still got it. Pretty unlucky but it is possible

Totally agree that we need to act here and maintain our high standards but some of these comments about ending careers are OTT. In this age group most of their peers have been going to school together daily over the last few months or living in university halls with dozens or hundreds of others. They have not been living in the same world as those of us isolating at home and barely seeing others. Breaking covid rules is against the law: if the police act we'll get a sense of the relative severity of their offence and act accordingly. Remember that until just a few weeks ago the government were actively celebrating a policy of looser rules over Christmas. Would we suggest that a bunch of university students caught meeting up for drinks in a shared kitchen should be chucked out of education? Should school kids who until today have been sitting together in classrooms all day be expelled if they catch up after school for a chat with those same people?. These are young lads who made a daft mistake in the most extraordinary and confusing times. Let's keep perspective and hope the club strikes a fair balance which sends a firm message.

It’s all crap! Hardly anyone is following the rules. I walk every day and see double figures every time I go out. I don’t blame people it’s so hard Especially for the young. People don’t think it will happen to them. Just look at the number of games off due to COVID.

I saw shorty in a public gym recently with three youth players. None of them bothered to follow the club rules for wiping equipment down. They made no effort to social distance and at one point were all stood together right in each other’s faces.

A lot to agree with and disagree with here!

The last three sentences are spot on though.

A lot to agree with and disagree with here!

The last three sentences are spot on though.
Yes; a few very good points.
The non-argument though is that they should be punished - and seen to be punished.

Really?!?

They're not toddlers, they're old enough to know the seriousness of their actions, they just don't care, because they're cocky, selfish arseholes, who don't think they'll get caught, and couldn't care less about other people, so decide it's a risk worth taking, to suit their own selfish desires.

And as for you're last sentence, modern society is actually quite the opposite, made up of too many snowflakes and weaklings, who have too much of a softly softly approach, scared to properly punish people, for fear of how it will affect them, which leads to there being very little deterrent, as the arseholes know that if they're caught, they'll get a slap on the wrist, and sent on their way, to carry on with their lives, to pursue THEIR dreams and careers, which then trivialises how much their actions actually affect the wider community.

And others have suggested it would be harsh to effectively end their careers, or to punish them to life changing levels, why? They were not considering how their selfish actions could effectively END the lives of many people, by contributing to the spread of the virus!

Modern day teenagers and young "adults" are allowed to get away with way too much, and even if they are punished, it's ALWAYS too soft a punishment, and they know it, thats why they have such disregard for the rules.

I'm fuming, stuck in a THIRD lockdown, and I'm losing money, as are millions around the country, children all around the country are having their education and futures damaged, and mine, and millions of parents around the country, are worried about weather it's safe to leave their house just to go to the shop for food, and are heartbroken, missing their grandkids.

People need to stop protecting these kind of arseholes, and start throwing the book at them, and teach them that their selfish actions have consequences.

Really thing the clamour for two young lads to be sacked is a bit ott.

They fucked up, fair enough. I'm sure they're regretting now and will hopefully have learned their lesson.

It's very easy to sit on an ivory tower bemoaning everyone who breaks the rules, but we don't know anything about these lads, their home lives etc.

A slap on the wrist is fine by me.

I think we should publicly disembowel and behead them, burn them in Broad street, invoke a re-enactment of the Otmoor Riots on their sorry asses, put their heads on spikes after being rolled down Castle Hill, and display them in the Westgate when people are allowed back

They fucked up, fair enough. I'm sure they're regretting now and will hopefully have learned their lesson.

It's very easy to sit on an ivory tower bemoaning everyone who breaks the rules, but we don't know anything about these lads, their home lives etc.

A slap on the wrist what bloody planet are you on, doesn’t matter what home life they have got they new the rules, ok so it’s ok for me to nip out and see the grandchildren is it, they have potentially spread it to other people, what part of stay in do they not understand

I'm not suggesting yourself here but in general. Students get slammed on here generally with regards Covid/the impact of their behaviour and they will be of a similar age (or close to) so the same point could be made about them. I hope the club take a considered response (whatever that is) in a calm way after a fair bit of time has passed if they are guilty of what is suggested.

1. We don`t know what they done.
(It could have been very minor, popped to a mate`s for a beer ..........unlike a 100+ student rave in a flat.)
2. The Club have acted as any employer would.
3. The Club will discipline them appropriately.

Always room for another Martyr`s Memorial I guess.

Back
Top Bottom