Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Internal suspension for a number of games (at their level), final warning, and some community based service should suffice - all announced on website.
Then hope other clubs follow
If found to have done as suggested that is.

TBH, yes I would. I am fed up with people (in all walks of life) who seem to think that not only are they immune from both the rules and the virus that they can do what the hell they like and if they happen to pass the virus on to another person then so be it. One of the reasons we are under ever tighter restrictions is because there are a load of dickheads deciding that they know better than the medics - and I think people ought to *fear* the consequences of deliberately doing what they KNOW is the wrong thing. People don't need 'education' in this - if they haven't got the basic message after nine months it is because they are ignoring the rules, not because they don't know what they are.
I have to agree with this approach. The time has come for everyone to recognise and accept the implications of their actions.

These two "lads" have been given an opportunity to earn what could, potentially, be a very good income from playing football. All they had to do was follow the advice and instruction given to them by their employer and tutors. They decided, for whatever reasons, that they knew better. If the club decrees that this constitutes gross misconduct, then they are out. Anything less, then maybe a final written warning but, quite bluntly, they have brought their employer into disrepute and that is normally seen as warranting a severe penalty.
I have some sympathy with them as these are difficult times for all young people. However, the club has set standards of behaviour and they must expect sanctions.

Played:
- Lofthouse 90mins and Spasov 15 mins off the bench for Woking.
- Asongyani 84mins for Chelmsford and loan has been extended.

Didn't Play:
- Farnborough's league is paused so Sole couldn't feature.
- LCP didn't feature for Havant and Waterlooville but had only been in the squad for 1 of the 3 games he had been available for prior to that.
- Lopes reported on 1st January as returning from Chippenham "due to injury" according to BBC Wiltshire twitter. (Jack Stevens going their instead)

I'm struggling to think of anyone else out on loan and of course there are many more players who class as U21 and U18 so doesn't have to be any of the above.
Don't think we should be speculating as to who it is on here

time for the covidiots thread to close then as it seems when it's on your doorstep different thoughts apply.

Fine i will take your word for it but I am not convinced that people would be clamouring for our top scorer to be sacked should he break the rules given his importance to us on the pitch. In terms of rule breakers, unfortunately behavioural scientists were highlighting this would happen the longer restrictive rules are in a place in a society which previously had much more freedom. I am not supporting what they have done but at the same time I don't think their actions (taking into account we don't even know the whole picture) justify potentially ruining their career.
While I am not of the 'footballers have to be role models' mindset, it *does* seem to me that too many people in football much more senior than these little twerps have seemingly decided that they are a cut above the rest of us and so can do what they bloody well want. Perhaps my anger at these immature idiots would be better directed at those Prem footballers and B-grade manufactured pop stars who think they are a race apart really, but there comes a point at which there is a straw that breaks the camel's back. Bringing my club into disrepute after all the good work they have done is pretty much it on the same day we are being told that the lockdown is now going to be longer and harder than we'd hoped and the vaccine is going to be delivered in half the dose it is supposed to be.

It strikes me as a extremely stupid thing to go out and “celebrate “ New Year’s Eve, when the club have been so strong in their viewpoint on covid and what needs to be done to try to protect the players, I have yet another shielding letter to add to my collection, life for me like many others has come to a standstill for months, these players made a decision to go out , no one forced them, and by that joined the amount of people who for what ever reason think that common sense and social responsibility isn’t their thing, I hope the club carry’s out a full investigation , and if it means good bye to them so be it , somehow the message needs to get across about what can be done , I hope that other clubs follow suit

If they'd gone out and beaten someone within an inch of their life, or hit someone with a car whilst drunk, would you be passing it off as one of those "stupid mistakes" we all make when we're young, I doubt it, you'd be calling for their immediate sacking, so why should this be any different?
No, because those are much worse things which would constitute probable jail time. Do you think they will be arrested, tried and locked up for what they did? You aren’t comparing like with like. That’s why this is different.

No, because those are much worse things which would constitute probable jail time. Do you think they will be arrested, tried and locked up for what they did? You aren’t comparing like with like. That’s why this is different.
OK, so they haven't specifically set out to deliberately hurt anyone, but the principle remains the same, selfish, irresponsible, inconsiderate, reckless disregard for other people's health, so therefore, why should they be spared the maximum punishment from the club, which should be termination of their contracts.

If they so happen to fall by the wayside, due to their own selfish stupidity, tough luck, they've just learned a harsh lesson, which they deserve.

We have just been placed into a THIRD lockdown, ruining so many peoples lives, and it's due to this exact kind of selfish, reckless, irresponsible behaviour of idiots such as these arseholes, that things have got this bad, and ALL people from ALL walks of life, should be severely punished for any breaches of the laws that have been brought in to try to contain the spread of this evil virus, and protect our loved ones, and the NHS.

There is simply NO EXCUSE for deliberately CHOOSING to attend parties or events that have been specifically banned, when they know the clear dangers that it poses to all of society.

At the very least they'll have slipped down the pecking order in Robbo's eyes regardless of their official punishment. That in itself will probably be the biggest knock-on from this for those two.

Does this stand with our stated aim as a club to promote good mental health and develop these young men into functioning adults? Yes they made a stupid mistake and should be punished - but to just sack them and leave them by the wayside seems harsh. Surely education is the way to go. I’m sure we’ve all made mistakes when young, haven’t we?

I have some sympathy for your argument, but educate them? Really? They didn't understand or know?

I personally think they should be sacked. Code of conduct.

But I don't see too many PL clubs sacking their stars for similar indiscretions.

Internal suspension for a number of games (at their level), final warning, and some community based service should suffice - all announced on website.
Then hope other clubs follow

I'd love to have our club make the ultimate statement, but we've also seen recently that a young player took his own life after being dropped by his club.

Maybe a hard hitting community award and a clear and final warning will send a message out that we take covid and our young players welfare seriously.

While I do disagree with what they may or may not have done, to sack them I think would show utter hypocrisy on the clubs part, if it was Matty Taylor doing the same there would be zero talk of him being sacked by the club, anyone to suggest otherwise simply isn’t living in reality. Our club isn’t run by

They should be made to publicly apologise and instructed to do something in their own time to give something back to those affected by the pandemic

While I do disagree with what they may or may not have done, to sack them I think would show utter hypocrisy on the clubs part, if it was Matty Taylor doing the same there would be zero talk of him being sacked by the club, anyone to suggest otherwise simply isn’t living in reality. Our club isn’t run by

They should be made to publicly apologise and instructed to do something in their own time to give something back to those affected by the pandemic

Eh? How can it be hypocrisy when you're talking about a hypothetical situation?

I agree that sacking them is too harsh, and some other means of discipline is appropriate, but let's stop talking shite about things.

Very stupid mistake but they are young lads and how many people can honestly say they haven’t made bad choices as youngsters. I think the best thing would be a final warning, or suspension with wages withheld if that’s allowed, and educating them as to why what they did was so bad.
Hang on a minute, these are the people and age group who are spreading the disease, there are millions of people who have stuck to the rules, but its fine for the youngsters to go out and enjoy themselves. Robinson needs to lead by example, hes the one banging on about clubs not playing by the rules. Get rid and let that be a lesson

Hang on a minute, these are the people and age group who are spreading the disease, there are millions of people who have stuck to the rules, but its fine for the youngsters to go out and enjoy themselves. Robinson needs to lead by example, hes the one banging on about clubs not playing by the rules. Get rid and let that be a lesson

Let's not blame specific age groups!*

There are dickheads of all persuasions.

*except schoolchildren of course

Back
Top Bottom