Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

The Number 8 role??? What the hell is that? This is what I expect an Oxford Number 8 to look like, and no disrespect to Clare, it's not him ...

s-l400.jpg

I know, I know!! The no.8 is what I'd have once thought of as the no.7, a Bryan Robson type role of box to box midfielder but it's all got a bit confusing!!!

I guess it's where Cam Bran started the season ahead of Gorrin as the no.4 in the deeper midfield role. But I don't get it either!!!

Screenshot_20210607-201111_Google.jpg

I know, I know!! The no.8 is what I'd have once thought of as the no.7, a Bryan Robson type role of box to box midfielder but it's all got a bit confusing!!!

I guess it's where Cam Bran started the season ahead of Gorrin as the no.4 in the deeper midfield role. But I don't get it either!!!

View attachment 6477

So from KR talking about Clare playing as an 8 then he has at least abandoned the idea of him being right back. :)

He’ll compete with Mcguane. Not a bad back up in my opinion. Seems like he’s be more dangerous than Sykes

So we signed a right-winger, tried to covert him into a right-back and now want him to be a box to box midfielder?

Anyone got a spare pair of gardening gloves in case he ends up in goal?

He has previously played as a right mid and central midfielder before signing for us.
And a right back!

Players can adapt and play in different roles. It didn't work out for Clare at RB but it wasn't the strangest decision in the world to try him there.

And a right back!

Players can adapt and play in different roles. It didn't work out for Clare at RB but it wasn't the strangest decision in the world to try him there.
It wasn’t strange to try him there but it was odd to sign him as such and give him the number 2 shirt. Still he might work out as a midfielder, or bring in a bit of money.

So we signed a right-winger, tried to covert him into a right-back and now want him to be a box to box midfielder?

Anyone got a spare pair of gardening gloves in case he ends up in goal?
Er... we didn't sign a right winger.
Before coming to us his previous role was right back and he has played a lot in CM.
Fortunately many players can play in more than one position!

Er... we didn't sign a right winger.
Before coming to us his previous role was right back and he has played a lot in CM.
Fortunately many players can play in more than one position!
That's partly me not really distinguishing between RM and RW due to an old school mentality, but I take your point. Surprised he's played CM in all honesty.

Back
Top Bottom