Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Would like to see Sykes get a run in the team in the same position. Then it’ll be fair to judge.

Along with Henry, he was superb last night..

That ball across with his left was outstanding. So unlucky Taylor couldn’t finish.

Sykes has had a couple of good performances recently, along with quite a few anonymous ones.

Let's see if he can repeat the good ones consistently (and maybe even score a goal!), then decide if worth keeping.

If you watch the 'Moments missed' video on Youtube, you'll see the run by Sykes to get the header in for assist on the 2nd goal.
He's sprinted from near the half way line to get into the box.
His close control is one of, if not the best, in the team too.

If you watch the 'Moments missed' video on Youtube, you'll see the run by Sykes to get the header in for assist on the 2nd goal.
He’s great at getting in decent crosses when hemmed in.

Sykes is so frustrating.
On his day he can be such a good player.
He does give something that Henry and Forde doesn't. When we are pressing high up the pitch, Sykes has a lot of energy.
The flip side is that too often his final ball is poor and he doesn't score enough.

I reckon that Henry, Forde and Henry are all at risk of being released. I would probably keep Henry and Sykes but it's not clear cut in my view

Sykes is so frustrating.
On his day he can be such a good player.
He does give something that Henry and Forde doesn't. When we are pressing high up the pitch, Sykes has a lot of energy.
The flip side is that too often his final ball is poor and he doesn't score enough.

I reckon that Henry, Forde and Henry are all at risk of being released. I would probably keep Henry and Sykes but it's not clear cut in my view
I’d keep them all if possible. You need depth and continuity, and we aren’t great at recruiting a number of players at once.

Depends on what Forde is on but he is very handy to have in the squad, can do a job in a few positions. Henry and Sykes are the hard ones, if Henry can get back to where he was then it’s a no brained if a sensible deal can be done, while Sykes undoubtedly has talent but needs to be more consistent so again depends on wages.

I would have Clare back, he will be better for the half season playing in midfield for Burton and as long as Robinson understands he is never going to be a right back then he could be useful as a pacey midfielder/winger.

If McGuane is available then I would have him back in a heartbeat, once he settled in and had most of the team back to play around him he was a class above and played a big part in the winning run. You need a midfielder who can bring the ball forward at this level to open teams up and he glided past players.

Depending on transfers out we probably don’t need a huge amount in, they just have to be good quality players at the right stage of there careers who have a winning mentality and want to achieve something, we have a lot of decent players who are nice lads but maybe they are not the most driven, a couple of demanding experienced players are what is needed.

• React
Reactions: ljs
I would definitely take Mcguane.
We rely on having really good wide men (Browne, Whyte). If we can get Barker we should try to. Despite his goals I am not sure that Shodipo is consistent enough.
The question with Henry is whether he can get back to his best consistently?

Thing is we seem a bit heavy with right footed centre midfield players , Henry,Sykes,Ford, add to that LC-P and Lofthouse possibly ?
Right wing , left wing we need and I wouldn't be unhappy with Barker or Shodipo back tbh .
If we lose Easty/ Henry than a lot of experience goes with it .
Left footed to add balance midfielder or two I'd be looking for...

Very odd statement from KR in the Mail stating that Alex Gordon’s illness is mid term and he should explain it himself

Anybody heard anything?

Let’s hope it’s a minor illness/injury and he’s back doing what he does best.

Agree that it’s a odd way to go about answering the question by Robinson but he has form for some daft quotes to the press which may not be the best way to go about it..

A tired mind in a tired body for the last few weeks. Hope it's nothing serious like what happened to Jamie Brooks.
Really unlucky with CamBran and now this. Injuries are part and parcel but such health problems must be relatively rare among professional sportspeople.
Get well soon Alex, in any case.

Very odd statement from KR in the Mail stating that Alex Gordon’s illness is mid term and he should explain it himself

Anybody heard anything?
No but the article also says we won't know untill later in week whether available. So on one level not serious as he might be available for the weekend but on another why even mention it, if it isn't. Then to say it is better to come from Gorrin himself is also odd. What does mid term fix even mean.

No but the article also says we won't know untill later in week whether available. So on one level not serious as he might be available for the weekend but on another why even mention it, if it isn't. Then to say it is better to come from Gorrin himself is also odd. What does mid term fix even mean.

I would suggest that it is better to come from Gorrin is sensible and right from KR. It is then up to Gorrin if he wants to explain what the illness publically is or keep it private.

Back
Top Bottom