Ex Player Alex Rodriguez Gorrin

Firstly, gutted for him and for us. That overrides my next comments. He would have been an expensive loan given his pedigree and being an optimist I hope forest aren't charging us full whack given how infrequently he has played for us. I would welcome him back with open arms but would like him to prove fitness first given he will be a big investment again. Cant have another carruthers/Woodburn.

I’m gutted. I am trying not to overreact here but with Marcus gone, our midfield is really not going to be the same. We quite honestly HAVE to play Lee in that more advanced CM role. No other option is anywhere near as good and recent performances confirm that. He is the only other player I have seen that can turn a man and advance the play in the same way that Maguane did. No, he’s not as physical but he has a lot of the same attributes. What a shame.

The salary cap in it's present form has been scrapped.

Huh.
I was mostly offline for a couple of weeks, and completely missed that piece of news - good to know.

Well, maybe we can sign him permanently then if the EFL doesn't succeed in getting a "son of salary cap" passed and Tiger and friends are content to fund it!

I’m gutted. I am trying not to overreact here but with Marcus gone, our midfield is really not going to be the same. We quite honestly HAVE to play Lee in that more advanced CM role. No other option is anywhere near as good and recent performances confirm that. He is the only other player I have seen that can turn a man and advance the play in the same way that Maguane did. No, he’s not as physical but he has a lot of the same attributes. What a shame.
Totally agree it’s been clear that Sykes can’t do that job in a midfield 3 so a swap to bring Lee into that 3 instead & Sykes only impact when he plays is on the right wing (like we saw against Wigan with his man of the match performance)

Midfield 3 a big issue at the moment to many off form Gorrin Brannagan Henry then you’ve got Kelly who doesn’t offer us enough imo & so lightweight, I’d like to see Forde given more game time in midfield if Sam Long doesn’t get injured

Depending if Forest see him in their plans for the 1st team if not then we should do our best to get McGaune back in next season (permanently) specially if Brannagan goes in the summer if anyone activates his release clause, that would be a like for like replacement & possibly an improvement for CB, unfortunately we haven’t seen the best out of CB for a long time now that’s even before his eye injury I think it goes back to last season when he had a bad knee injury & sadly we haven’t seen the same Brannagan since.

The injury and their better form will hopefully nudge Forest to allow him to leave in the summer for the right price. Our midfield needs that physicality that Baptiste, Browne at times and McGuane have given us. Hope the club is looking at free agents that might provide it.

If we are in the Championship then we have a chance otherwise even if we can afford a transfer fee the wages will be to much of a block . He must be on 8-12'k a week at Forest .....he would be mad to half that ( at best) so he can play for us.

Big shame this. His absence was really noticed v Pompey when we were screaming out for someone in the midfield to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and get on the ball and drive forward.

Anyone know the situation now with his wages and compo to forest etc?

Do we carry the loan on? Has his loan been terminated so he can get better physio etc with forest?

Do we pay anything because he’s suffered a serious injury whilst with us?

Anyone know the situation now with his wages and compo to forest etc?

Do we carry the loan on? Has his loan been terminated so he can get better physio etc with forest?

Do we pay anything because he’s suffered a serious injury whilst with us?
Compensation will come via insurance surely, maybe be go back to forest to get treatment whether it would be better treatment than at ours I’ve no idea, but I hope we would keep abreast of any possibility of him returning on loan or on a permanent.

If we are in the Championship then we have a chance otherwise even if we can afford a transfer fee the wages will be to much of a block . He must be on 8-12'k a week at Forest .....he would be mad to half that ( at best) so he can play for us.
He’s not on that - Forest have first teamers in that bracket. He wouldn’t come cheap obviously, but where is he playing next season? Hughton’s unlikely to throw him in next year, is he getting a Champs move? Or is it minimum - a loan to a top L1 club? He should be a big target for us in the summer - temp or perm.

He’s not on that - Forest have first teamers in that bracket. He wouldn’t come cheap obviously, but where is he playing next season? Hughton’s unlikely to throw him in next year, is he getting a Champs move? Or is it minimum - a loan to a top L1 club? He should be a big target for us in the summer - temp or perm.
We might get him on loan but surely he wouldn’t sign permanently unless we go up. He could get a lot more money elsewhere.

I'd love us to go for a loan if we stay in league one . Ofcourse to purchase would be fantastic but just being realistic how football wages are now !

We might get him on loan but surely he wouldn’t sign permanently unless we go up. He could get a lot more money elsewhere.
I don’t think there are a host of clubs who would pay £5k a week for him at this stage, and he clearly has an affinity. Certainly wouldn’t rule it out.

I've given him plenty on here, but that last half hour was as good a performance we've seen from anyone in weeks, and Dan's best game. With Lee in the 10 role, I'd look to start Dan against Peterborough and hopefully give Matty time out to find form.

OK this is controversial, but Taylor has to go , he's been shocking since he arrived here, ok he's poached a few goals but no skill on the ball. A lucky tap in vs Town etc but nothing like the pace and skill of barker , lee and Henry. We have to have a goal scorer and I dont think Taylor fils these boots ! it seems like we are playing with 10 men at times.

OK this is controversial, but Taylor has to go , he's been shocking since he arrived here, ok he's poached a few goals but no skill on the ball. A lucky tap in vs Town etc but nothing like the pace and skill of barker , lee and Henry. We have to have a goal scorer and I dont think Taylor fils these boots ! it seems like we are playing with 10 men at times.
Very funny.
'A lucky tap in vs Town ' mmm

Back
Top Bottom