General AGM Today - May 4th

If prices aren’t going up then why delay?
League 2 play off is May 28th and the League 1 play off is May 29th.
Are they really going to wait long? By which time our season has been finished for 3 weeks, the feel good factor won’t be as high as it is now.
I might be the only one but I feel they are taking it for granted having a sell out this Sunday! They should feel very very lucky to get 8K let alone 10k after this season. To then not even maximise marketing opportunities and merchandise sales is very short sighted to say the least.
I think the engagement from the club and supporters panel has been quite poor re ticket pricing.

In the supporters panel April update there was an option to contact them re your views. It was easy to miss and the tweet highlighting that update only received 2 retweet’s and 1 like. I genuinely missed the request for feedback.

I think there should have been polls on our thoughts re pricing, a really loud invite for feedback etc.

For what it’s worth I think most season ticket prices offer really great value for money, and with the additional costs the club will have seen I wouldn’t begrudge an increase in some season ticket prices. For me it’s the on the day ticket prices that need to be kept up in check..

The big question is, are Grant & Tim still here?

@Sarge you say they were there earlier, but are you sure?

Was "Grant's" voice slightly out of sync with the movement of his lips or did he hold a handkerchief over his mouth when he spoke? I bet he didn't speak. I bet he just thrust his chest out, stomach in and did that gurn he does for photos?

Was there any flexibility in "Grant's" joints? Did "his" legs bend when "he" "walked" or did it seem like "he" was on a trolley being wheeled about by an unseen hand? Had "he" remembered to put down his clubs?

Did "he" enter through a closed door? I bet "he" wasn't shaking hands apart from with them that were in on the trick. I fear you missed the opportunity to poke your finger through "his chest", which is unfortunate. Never mind.

If prices aren’t going up then why delay?
League 2 play off is May 28th and the League 1 play off is May 29th.
Are they really going to wait long? By which time our season has been finished for 3 weeks, the feel good factor won’t be as high as it is now.
I might be the only one but I feel they are taking it for granted having a sell out this Sunday! They should feel very very lucky to get 8K let alone 10k after this season. To then not even maximise marketing opportunities and merchandise sales is very short sighted to say the least.
Agreed on that, it beggars belief that they are fannying on. Again!
Once that final whistle goes, so many people will be on the beach in all senses of the word. I know after the cricket season ends and I've packed my gear away and done my end-of-season wrap up (and the AGM is done), there is absolutely knacker all from anyone for months.

@Sarge you say they were there earlier, but are you sure?

Was "Grant's" voice slightly out of sync with the movement of his lips or did he hold a handkerchief over his mouth when he spoke? I bet he didn't speak. I bet he just thrust his chest out, stomach in and did that gurn he does for photos?

Was there any flexibility in "Grant's" joints? Did "his" legs bend when "he" "walked" or did it seem like "he" was on a trolley being wheeled about by an unseen hand? Had "he" remembered to put down his clubs?

Did "he" enter through a closed door? I bet "he" wasn't shaking hands apart from with them that were in on the trick. I fear you missed the opportunity to poke your finger through "his chest", which is unfortunate. Never mind.
he did have 'a bit of a cold'

Huge opportunity lost if they don't put season tickets on sale immediately.

We should have 10,000 fans at the match on Sunday, we will hopefully be finishing with 3 straight wins in front of a big crowd with a feel good atmosphere, and there is renewed optimism after our fighting finish.

We should be sending out emails to everyone on the database on Sunday afternoon - prices held if you buy in May etc...... - to strike while the iron is at its hottest.

Here's hoping the powers that be really are committed to an improved commercial/marketing/communications strategy because it is very much in the club's financial interests!

Huge opportunity lost if they don't put season tickets on sale immediately.

We should have 10,000 fans at the match on Sunday, we will hopefully be finishing with 3 straight wins in front of a big crowd with a feel good atmosphere, and there is renewed optimism after our fighting finish.

We should be sending out emails to everyone on the database on Sunday afternoon - prices held if you buy in May etc...... - to strike while the iron is at its hottest.

Here's hoping the powers that be really are committed to an improved commercial/marketing/communications strategy because it is very much in the club's financial interests!
Early bird deals should be the first thing.

Give them their due but God knows how I'm on their database ? Shrewsbury fc sent me an e-mail about their season tickets about two months ago !! 10 out of 10 for trying!!

it was rather pointedly raised that a FF had been promised, yet the last game of the season is only a few days away & there hadn't been one
like most topics raised the response was basically holding their hands up admitting things hadn't gone as planned on & off the field , and that things would be improving in all areas
Hahahaha.

Dear oh dear.

I’d love to know the commercial sense in delaying the announcement of season tickets seems ludicrous to me.

I’d love to know the commercial sense in delaying the announcement of season tickets seems ludicrous to me.

Other posters have pointed out the sneaky renewals the last few years . Early bird discounts gone so you aren’t renewing for the same price you might have paid the year before, but for the full price which you didn’t actually pay.

The club shop voucher of £5 or £10. Ok not everyone wants to buy the merch, but it was an option.

Also whether kids in premium seats SSU should get the same discounts as other stands or even the family stand.

although not officially confirmed, Im not expecting ST prices to increase for next season( that doesn't mean 100% that they wont)- official lineseems to be the club have to wait until promotion/ relegation ( inc playoffs concluded) before ST prices & info are announced.
Cant see why myself, we know what league were playing in next season already, who else is in the same league shouldn't have any bearing on what OUFC are charging

club are aware of a plethora of things that could be ( hopefully will be) done better- there's being some of the topics raised under the must do better heading- promotional side, marketing, fans forums/ fan engagement, STs, replica Kit availability pre season, A pre season open day was mentioned too, even dead pidgeons in south stand upper ( and bird s**t), among other points - hopefully they'll walk it like they talk it and improve in all areas
Thanks for providing the update @Sarge.

Absolutely no confidence in those in charge. Talking about how they need to do better whilst apparently missing their chance to do just that. If season tickets aren’t announced and available for sale on Sunday, that’s another failure. They should be putting things right now, not adding mistakes to the list.

They will also not get a better time to hold a fans forum, yet they’re still talking about how they need to instead of bloody doing it.

Back
Top Bottom