International News Afghanistan

That really isn't indicative of anything.

On your other post, do you actually know what she has done or are you guessing?
What she has done? Nothing of note apart from trying to stop new builds and criticising the government over Afghanistan if the libdems were in power the death rate for British soldiers would be very high.
Or if she wants to get into the news she announces that she’s a pansexual ( was anyone interested) or she assaulted her ex some years previously saying emit with that permanent smile and then announces that she handed her slept in but as it was some years previously “ no further action “ which considering her ex never pressed charges it just shows that she will do anything to get into the news.

What she has done? Nothing of note apart from trying to stop new builds and criticising the government over Afghanistan if the libdems were in power the death rate for British soldiers would be very high.
Or if she wants to get into the news she announces that she’s a pansexual ( was anyone interested) or she assaulted her ex some years previously saying emit with that permanent smile and then announces that she handed her slept in but as it was some years previously “ no further action “ which considering her ex never pressed charges it just shows that she will do anything to get into the news.

Where is the information coming from that you claim she has done nothing of note? From what I've seen she has been active in Parliament, supporting local groups etc but I can't say I know in great detail.

Oh, and it is part of her job to hold the Govt to account and you haven't a clue what British military deaths would be under a Lib Dem plan as it hasn't happened. It really isn't difficult to criticise this Govt over its handling of Afghanistan tbh.

Where is the information coming from that you claim she has done nothing of note? From what I've seen she has been active in Parliament, supporting local groups etc but I can't say I know in great detail.

Oh, and it is part of her job to hold the Govt to account and you haven't a clue what British military deaths would be under a Lib Dem plan as it hasn't happened. It really isn't difficult to criticise this Govt over its handling of Afghanistan tbh.
The British military deaths that I refer to are her views of sending our troops back to keep helping which I do agree with but we can mut do it alone we would need the might of the yanks, if we didn’t and went in alone I’m afraid the Taliban would overrun the British troops and tragically there would be many deaths.
Yes it is part of her remit to to hold the government to account as is any MP from any political party.
Your comment over criticism of the government not being difficult over their handling of Afghanistan is a bit crass really. It was Blair who sent the troops in 29 years ago because his besty Bush jr sent in troops so he felt obliged but neither had an exit strategy and they just kept on sending troops so when they lost the election the Tories inherited their problem, a problem that when you think of it couldn’t be fixed.
Who decided to pull out first? The yanks or the British. We are only a small nation with not enough troops to police Afghanistan on our own.
Bush Jr went in because Osama was being shielded there. Once he had been taken out then the alliance should have discussed an exit strategy which would have meant evacuating those Afghans that had helped the Alliance but evacuate first.
It’s all very well her and that Labour MP Dodds to criticise and then various people putting their opinions in amongst the mix.
Have the Afghans been let down? Yes
Have the trope that have been killed, maimed or left with serious mental issues been let down? Yes.
But to apportion the blame on a present government is wrong and the local female MP’s should be helping with advice to help the people that have been let down.

Last edited:
It's going to be very worrying for the final ground soldiers to get out, how the hell will they leave the perimeter, jump on a plane and take off?!

• React
Reactions: Ian
It's going to be very worrying for the final ground soldiers to get out, how the hell will they leave the perimeter, jump on a plane and take off?!
i doubt taliban are stupid enough to attack western forces overwise they will be driven back again they will play it smart let us leave then back to extreme rule in afghanistan .

i doubt taliban are stupid enough to attack western forces overwise they will be driven back again they will play it smart let us leave then back to extreme rule in afghanistan .
I meant more of the Afghan civilians getting into the airport and onto the runway whilst planes are trying to leave.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Bullets.
Real or rubber, tear gas, thunderflashes, smoke etc................. just make it like doing an extraction from a hostile area. Military training will supersede civilian chaos.

The last time we had a retreat from Kabul in the 1840s we lost about 16000 troops and civilians so even this useless government should be able to beat that.
Careful at least they are trying to sort it may not be great at it but Labour entered this with the yanks without an exit strategy. With Labour and the LibDems the SNP and the green all saying things which is hindsight and what they would do even though we Britain can’t do that alone.

Back
Top Bottom