Accrington shenanigans

We have been in contact with ifollow since the weekend. Email them on ifollow@efl.com if you bought a pass for Saturday. They are working through everyone and will offer a credit for Sheffield Wed's match. We did ask them to do this automatically as they must have the necessary data, but they won't commit to that.

We have been in contact with ifollow since the weekend. Email them on ifollow@efl.com if you bought a pass for Saturday. They are working through everyone and will offer a credit for Sheffield Wed's match. We did ask them to do this automatically as they must have the necessary data, but they won't commit to that.
If you don't ask, you don't get. Typically poor customer service, as we've come to expect from iFollow. Well past their sell by date.

I've had no response since since my frosty follow up email on Saturday - only that my request was "escalated". I suspect they'll not offer anything unless you chase them for it, but if I've not heard anything by tomorrow I'll send another frosty email.

I still find it pathetic that they tried to claim it was for reasons beyond their control due to an "on site issues". Blatant lying to your customers to try and admonish yourself of blame. Having worked in both media and marketing, how on earth iFollow can be as bad as it is, in 2022, is beyond me. If it were functioning outside of football and wasn't being propped up by exiles and (UK exiles trying to circumnavigate the primitive 3pm blackout) it would fold in less than a year.

I still find it pathetic that they tried to claim it was for reasons beyond their control due to an "on site issues". Blatant lying to your customers to try and admonish yourself of blame. Having worked in both media and marketing, how on earth iFollow can be as bad as it is, in 2022, is beyond me. If it were functioning outside of football and wasn't being propped up by exiles and (UK exiles trying to circumnavigate the primitive 3pm blackout) it would fold in less than a year.
Couldn't agree more. What I find so aggravating is the influence of Sky TV on all of this. They have rights to the pictures before anyone else and broadcast the highlights(!) before anyone else. Yet, as a major broadcaster, they tolerate this amateur set up of one single camera, interruptions in output to show endless replays and, camera operators who, apparently, have better things to do than their job.
Likewise, the EFL treat us as simpletons unable to discern quality and not worth any respect. Had the EFL stood up to Sky and demanded equity with the Premiership or, at the very least, a fair payment for the rights to ALL of the EFL output, we might now have a service worthy of payment. One match on iFollow costs £10.00 (which, of course, I cannot watch on my smart TV without connecting to my laptop)For £18.00 a month, I get the complete Sky sports package. In UHD with the ability to record, rewind etc. I get multiple camera angles, informed commentary (sometimes!) It begs the question, which one is value for money?

Couldn't agree more. What I find so aggravating is the influence of Sky TV on all of this. They have rights to the pictures before anyone else and broadcast the highlights(!) before anyone else. Yet, as a major broadcaster, they tolerate this amateur set up of one single camera, interruptions in output to show endless replays and, camera operators who, apparently, have better things to do than their job.
Likewise, the EFL treat us as simpletons unable to discern quality and not worth any respect. Had the EFL stood up to Sky and demanded equity with the Premiership or, at the very least, a fair payment for the rights to ALL of the EFL output, we might now have a service worthy of payment. One match on iFollow costs £10.00 (which, of course, I cannot watch on my smart TV without connecting to my laptop)For £18.00 a month, I get the complete Sky sports package. In UHD with the ability to record, rewind etc. I get multiple camera angles, informed commentary (sometimes!) It begs the question, which one is value for money?

Well its costing you £30 to get the 3 away games on IFollow over £18 for all the sport on Sky every month, when you watch the darts the cameraman won't be checking to see if he fancies anyone on tinder in the local area during a checkout shot, Formula one cameraman won't be telling his mum what he wants for dinner instead of filming the start and you won't miss a wicket at the cricket because the bloke supposed to be filming it is looking at quality bants on the groupchat, so all that other sport plus loads of quality football coverage and £12 in your pocket. Nah IFollow is a bargain.

appreciated OUSP requested automatic 'credit' ..... its shame that ifollow customer services are basically about as good as the 'coverage' they host- & its no surprise that the EFL have their 'inept fingers' involved too

It's a monopoly position they hold and monopoly suppliers are lazy and not customer-focused as they don't really need to be unless they are regulated. I emailed them on Saturday and got the stock answer. Not good enough so asked them to explain what the 'onsite' issues they cited were in some detail. They are currently 'reviewing' my email i.e. they don't know do they.......it's a stock 'not us Guv' response to anyone who complains. Again, not good enough as my contract is with them as the service provider not the Accrington cameraman checking Facebook.

I've emailed them again this morning with a screenshot of the OUSP Secretary entry above and asking them to confirm that I will receive a Sheff Wed credit.

I've had no response since since my frosty follow up email on Saturday - only that my request was "escalated". I suspect they'll not offer anything unless you chase them for it, but if I've not heard anything by tomorrow I'll send another frosty email.

same here. will keep chasing, but very poor.

I think, like today, all emails sent in the Uk are likely to be a tad frosty given the north winds and temperatures of around 2 degrees ( C) ... ....

318729343_10160583409549374_9142470612701027835_n.jpg

This is the reply I got this evening. No mention of a free credit for the Sheffield Wednesday game....

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the problems with this live stream.

Preventative measures have been implemented to stop this from happening again.

If you have any issues during future live games please contact us via the live chat option on the club's website and we will endeavour to resolve these as soon as possible.

Should you have any further queries regarding this matter, please do let us know and we'll assist accordingly.

This is the reply I got this evening. No mention of a free credit for the Sheffield Wednesday game....

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the problems with this live stream.

Preventative measures have been implemented to stop this from happening again.

If you have any issues during future live games please contact us via the live chat option on the club's website and we will endeavour to resolve these as soon as possible.

Should you have any further queries regarding this matter, please do let us know and we'll assist accordingly.

Send a snotty one back and point out they've already given credit for SW to others.

My reply is a little more hopeful

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.
We can confirm that we received your request. Please bear with us whilst this is reviewed.
We will respond as soon as we have further news regarding compensation for the affected game.
In the meantime, if you have any additional queries please contact us again.

Best regards,

iFollow Support

Back
Top Bottom