General Academy

Foley

'We have lost a few players to PL clubs'. I read about one, I believe but a few?

Does anybody know what sort of compensation we would get in these circumstances?

The regular updates from Dan Harris were insightful and interesting. It does seem on the face of it, that communication throughout the club is reducing.

I think at least 3 from last year's stellar cup run got pinched. Might be wrong, and sure someone else will have the details.

Compensation, if any, is generally determined by how long the players has been at our academy for, and whether they started with us, or began elsewhere before joining ours. Unfortunately I doubt any will have gone for sizeable amounts, and I'm sure we would have heard if some sort of sell-on fee were included.

I think at least 3 from last year's stellar cup run got pinched. Might be wrong, and sure someone else will have the details.

Compensation, if any, is generally determined by how long the players has been at our academy for, and whether they started with us, or began elsewhere before joining ours. Unfortunately I doubt any will have gone for sizeable amounts, and I'm sure we would have heard if some sort of sell-on fee were included.
A gk went to Everton while Zebeli (cb) went to Burnley from the youth FACUP side , not sure if they mean younger age groups as well !
Not particularly happy if they are picking our most promising youngsters at every step of the way .

'We have lost a few players to PL clubs'. I read about one, I believe but a few?

Does anybody know what sort of compensation we would get in these circumstances?

The regular updates from Dan Harris were insightful and interesting. It does seem on the face of it, that communication throughout the club is reducing.
According to https://www.leathesprior.co.uk/news/parents-of-young-footballers-on-the-rise-what-you-need-to-know

1703860369542.png

I think we're Cat 2, so if a 15 year old who has been in the academy since the age of 11 leaves for a PL team, then we would receive £100,000 compensation (assuming the above is accurate of course).

We did lose a young 'keeper to Villa a couple weeks ago as well.

According to https://www.leathesprior.co.uk/news/parents-of-young-footballers-on-the-rise-what-you-need-to-know

View attachment 17197

I think we're Cat 2, so if a 15 year old who has been in the academy since the age of 11 leaves for a PL team, then we would receive £100,000 compensation (assuming the above is accurate of course).

Indeed. Three keepers lost to PL teams this year as well as Zabeli to Brentford (B). Not sure of any others.

Really hoping at least one of the current U18s make the leap. Snowden and Griffiths highly rated but they are at least two years away from getting near the first team regularly. Not heard a lot about Cammy Cooper, who came in with a big reputation. Anyone know how he's been getting on?

Indeed. Three keepers lost to PL teams this year as well as Zabeli to Brentford (B). Not sure of any others.

Really hoping at least one of the current U18s make the leap. Snowden and Griffiths highly rated but they are at least two years away from getting near the first team regularly. Not heard a lot about Cammy Cooper, who came in with a big reputation. Anyone know how he's been getting on?
One of those GK Kie Plumley went to Man Utd after being released by us !!! Not sure if counting that one .

Not heard a lot about Cammy Cooper, who came in with a big reputation. Anyone know how he's been getting on?
He seems to be playing in the youth team ( played in the FA Youth Cup game recently)
From reports I have read, he doesn't appear to be pulling up trees, but I am sure some on here will be far closer than reading the available reports.

The main weakness of the academy system is the very few that break in to senior football, ,in the olden times with apprentice that played in the youth team could get games in the reserve team, which exposed them to real matches, rather than the current system in which the gap between academy and first team is huge, we rely on loans to lower league football to give these kids some game time, and now it appears that end going elsewhere to continue their development, so the first team gets nothing out of it.

It must be worse for kids in the premiership academies,cheque book football means that buying someone is seen as a better option to strengthen the first team squad, the breakthrough percentage must be almost non existent, I watched the Crystal palace academy programmes, one kid who I think we had shown some interest in finished his time at the academy, offered a full-time contact on £40,000 per week!

View attachment 17197

I think we are Cat 3 but working towards Cat 2 although could be wrong.

Also, the U18s have made a semi final after beating Burnley 2-1 away:

The goals:

And a penalty save:

The other semi finalists are Millwall, Watford and one of Sheffield United or Swansea.

Back
Top Bottom