General Academy watch

Wandering Yellow

Was wondering if it would be interesting to have a thread specifically about players in the academy and how they're progressing. Is there anymore Shandon Baptiste's or Callum O'Dowda's waiting to come through?

Does anyone have any thoughts on these players and which ones have the most potential?

Goalkeeper - Kie Plumley. I have no information on this player, hopefully he's decent. Stevens has done brilliantly to step up from the youth set-up into the first team. Future back-up instead of Easty? Beaconsfield Town player

Defenders
Nico Jones - Had a few league games for us years ago, haven't heard much since Brentford B player.
Michael Elechi - Previously at Manchester United. No more information. Leatherhead player now.
Yoav Sade - Young Israeli right-back (here for Visa Reasons?)

Midfielders -
Fabio Sole - 19-year-old midfielder. Had some loan spells in non-league. Slough Town player
Leon Chambers-Parillion - Previously of Villa and Luton. Hitchin Town player

Forwards

Jack Stevens - The wikipedia page for our goalkeeper and this player are confused. The forward is currently on loan at Chippenham, not the keeper!
Slavi Spasov - On loan at Woking. Rumours of getting into the Bulgarian youth-set-up. 3 league goals for Woking and praised for his work rate.
Tyler Goodrham - Doing well in the first team.

Last edited:
Was wondering if it would be interesting to have a thread specifically about players in the academy and how they're progressing. Is there anymore Shandon Baptiste's or Callum O'Dowda's waiting to come through?

Does anyone have any thoughts on these players and which ones have the most potential?

Goalkeeper - Kie Plumley. I have no information on this player, hopefully he's decent. Stevens has done brilliantly to step up from the youth set-up into the first team. Future back-up instead of Easty?

Defenders
Nico Jones - Had a few league games for us years ago, haven't heard much since
Michael Elechi - Previously at Manchester United. No more information.
Yoav Sade - Young Israeli right-back

Midfielders -
Fabio Sole - 19-year-old midfielder. Had some loan spells in non-league.
Leon Chambers-Parillion - Previously of Villa and Luton.

Forwards
Kyran Lofthouse - no information
Jack Stevens - The wikipedia page for our goalkeeper and this player our confused. The forward is currently on loan at Chippenham, not the keeper!
Slavi Spasov - On loan at Woking. Rumours of getting into the Bulgarian youth-set-up. 3 league goals for Woking and praised for his work rate.
Tyler Goodrham - played some cup games for the Yellows despite only being aged 17.

- Michael Elechi has played 2 full games in the Pizza Trophy for us this season.
- Leon Chambers-Parillon has come on as a sub twice in the Pizza Trophy and has 1 assist. A promising central midfielder who was, and may still be, on loan at Havant and Waterlooville in NL South.
- Kyran Lofthouse is a right back/right midfielder. He has played in the Pizza Trophy (and last season) and the League Cup for us this season. He is also on loan at Woking and is playing at right back regularly for them. Got fouled for a penalty after a run in one game.

Is Sade still with the club?

Elechi is good enough for Manchester United to have a buy back clause for him so I think big things are expected. Having seen a couple of academy games he looks like one of the brightest prospects.

Jones will be gone in the summer by the sounds of it.

Plumley is an interesting one, I think he's playing up an age group because they see him as another one for the future.

Lofthouse and Spasov both getting decent reviews while out on loan in a good Woking team, would hope they're more involved with first team next season.

Sade is a big unknown.
He was not mentioned in the 19/20 end of season summary for the U23s/21s/18s contracts. Had loan spells at Braintree last season.

If you Google him, there's a piece about him joining Stratford Town "on loan" from us earlier this season. OUFC never said anything but he is still listed on the website. Others that left e.g. Aaron McCreadie were removed quite quickly.

Separately, I seem to remember the exit of Sam Allardyce was also never announced despite him going half way through last season. It appears we held onto his registration until the summer as he was on the official list submitted to the EFL.

Just remembered that keeper Eddie Brearey and Josh Anifowose made the squad for the Walsall trophy game so they may be well thought of too.

Adam Smith seems to score a fair few goals for the youth team.

Win our games in hand and the under-18s will be top of the league, which suggests we've got some decent youngsters around.
Have had a decent U18s academy squad for some seasons . ..Id like to see more local /homegrown prospects (eventually) break into the first team squad....i do think that OUFC should have more 'competitive' games for an OUFC U21/U23 dev squad ( what happened to u23 dev squad?) To continue our young prospects development

Have had a decent U18s academy squad for some seasons . ..Id like to see more local /homegrown prospects (eventually) break into the first team squad....i do think that OUFC should have more 'competitive' games for an OUFC U21/U23 dev squad ( what happened to u23 dev squad?) To continue our young prospects development

We only have an u21 development squad now (only 8 players) but we are trying to loan them out to non league clubs (NL and lower) rather than play u21/3 football except the Premier League Cup. I think this is preferable and the way to go rather than u21/3 games.

There are indeed two jack Stevens. The 23yo keeper (obvs) and the much younger forward. Went out on loan to thame last season, cut short by lockdown just as he was getting into his stride.

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Nico Jones has joined Havant & Waterlooville until the end of the seas on on loan, joining up with LCP.

Micahel Elechi has gone out on loan to Oxford City, too. Which I imagine confirms Grayson is definitely seen as our LB backup.

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but Nico Jones has joined Havant & Waterlooville until the end of the seas on on loan, joining up with LCP.

Micahel Elechi has gone out on loan to Oxford City, too. Which I imagine confirms Grayson is definitely seen as our LB backup.

A good move for both I reckon. Of course it all depends on whether they finish the season or not.

Edit: Also means that with Goodrham and Plumley back with the u18s we'll ony have 2 training bubbles which will help with logistics at the training ground.

Last edited:
Good for Elechi to get some games and experience if City restart, they still have a ton of games to play so he could gain some valuable experience there.

Next season with the madness of an even smaller squad forced on us by a combination of the Football League and the tinpot clubs who voted for it we will need to use some of these players, we are going to be running with 3 less senior players for a 46 game season than England are allowed to take to World Cups for at most 7 games.

Eddie Bearley has moved i to the first team bubble.
I assume that they are assessing whether he can be a short term back up to Stevens next season (emergency keeper loans are allowed on top of the 20 squad size numbers I believe next season?)

The Elechi & Jones moves make a ton of sense if the National League South ever gets going again.
Think they're expecting to decide that by early next week, aren't they? If the government won't give them another grant, and insists on the current loan they are offering, I suspect they're done for the season.

But if they do restart, Saturday April 24th will be like watching an Oxford youth team game!

The U21 side played Southend yesterday and the team selection revealed that Yoav Sade is still at the club!
Dylan Asonganyi scored in a 3-1 defeat with the team that finished the game including seven scholars and two under 16s.

Brearey, Chambers-Parillon (with the first team), Lopes, Stevens (injured), Lofthouse (out on loan) and Spasov (confirmed as still out on loan) were unavailable.
Asonganyi, Elechi, Jones and Sole all back from loans in Conference South and below all featured.

Plumley, Sade (Watt), Nosokhare, Jones, Elechi, Sole (Johnson 60), Anifowose (Tiamuna 60), Gardner, Goodrham, Crook (O’Donkor 65), Asonganyi
Sub not used: Niemczycki

With the on-going effects of the pandemic, are we expecting the academy to be affected?

In particular, are we expecting fewer player to be offered deals?

With the on-going effects of the pandemic, are we expecting the academy to be affected?

In particular, are we expecting fewer player to be offered deals?

Do you mean pro deal offers to Academy players or offers for Scholars and lower?

Back
Top Bottom