Current Player #39 Gatlin O'Donkor

Vardy & Ian Wright comes to mind for me.
Wasn't so called good enough, went to non league done well .
Got snapped up , by a bigger club .
The rest is history, as they say..
I know of many a player ,when I was growing up, that was better than some of the players that made it......

I think there's a decent player in there get him back in summer and get him a league 2 loan.I think it be foolish to let him go just yet.

Didn't he sign a new long term contract not that long ago?

I very much doubt we'll be letting him go.

Got to give Des some credit here - not only was he able to finally get GOD out on loan (where he should have been for a year) but Barnet is the perfect club for him right now.

Right level and playing every week for a team that’s doing well. Lots of opportunities to hone his game in the final third against a lesser standard of defender. And he’ll get to experience the pressure of the playoffs too.

It’s the one footballing thing that has gone well this month

The commentator last night said Gats was "on loan from Oxford City, and he's made xx appearances for Oxford United". :mad:

Goal is here. He was also involved in the 1st, don't know if it was an assist but he was certainly challenging for the cross which came back to the scorer who shot from just inside the penalty area

Comment from a Barnet fan from another forum about GO'D:

"Wait until you see the replay. Contender for goal of the season. He is doing well, annoys defenders, finds space and is strong. The only downside seems to be he gets tired pretty early on in the second half of most games and has to be pulled. Brennan makes his strikers run to the end of the earth and back again and I don't think he has that sort of fitness."

Goal is here. He was also involved in the 1st, don't know if it was an assist but he was certainly challenging for the cross which came back to the scorer who shot from just inside the penalty area

Horrific defending for Chris Maguire's goal.

Good for him.
I still think that he has loads of potential and if he develops ( he is still young), could make it with the Yellows.
It sounds as if his fitness could improve, but even so, giving 60 minutes of full on pressing etc is still very valuable ( especially if you have a couple of other strikers)

Maguire also missed a sitter to make it 2-2

Brennan talks here about how much Go'D has to learn but reminds viewers he's only 19

Back
Top Bottom