Current Player #39 Gatlin O'Donkor

Good stuff. Hopefully he can really push on over the next season or so.

I thought that he was teriffic in the secind half
Generally good touch and pace. For a player so young he was strong and gave the Fleetwood defence all sorts of problems.
If he keeps on developing , he has some future

Made it worth going tonight. Great to see his goal and he looks like a player, irrespective of his age. Also loved Henry’s precise long ball to him for the shot that was blocked.

Hope he’s given a chance from the start at Woking.

Instead of Taylor coming back in.

The one bright note of my night so pleased for the young man. Should have started

He implied in his interview afterwards that he was finding the physicality challenging.
So I can see why he was given half a game
Three games in seven days against big , experienced centre halves would be tough but so glad he is getting the chance to show his worth while getting great experience instead of being sent out on loan to a non league club .

If a player is suffering from fatigue and has half a game in him, obviously you don't give him the first half. The hope would have been we would have played like we knew each other in the first half, been winning, and he wouldn't have been needed at all.
not certain about this claim of fatigue thats being bandied about..... he's on a full pro deal, ....some wouldve been happy if he was punted out on on loan to a national league level club - who play as many , if not more, games than we do

go back a few ( well, ok more than a few ) seasons, some highly rated youngsters were getting very regular game time at PL & championship level.... so why is it now/ these days promising youngsters, who have made the step up, are fatigued- haven't training techniques improved year on year, so presumably as have fitness levels

and, what happened to the all signing , all dancing sports science programme at OUFCfrom a few seasons ago- when unfit/ injured players got fitter quicker, and recovered from injuries faster ?

not certain about this claim of fatigue thats being bandied about..... he's on a full pro deal, ....some wouldve been happy if he was punted out on on loan to a national league level club - who play as many , if not more, games than we do

go back a few ( well, ok more than a few ) seasons, some highly rated youngsters were getting very regular game time at PL & championship level.... so why is it now/ these days promising youngsters, who have made the step up, are fatigued- haven't training techniques improved year on year, so presumably as have fitness levels

and, what happened to the all signing , all dancing sports science programme at OUFCfrom a few seasons ago- when unfit/ injured players got fitter quicker, and recovered from injuries faster ?

Gonna be honest.

The whole defending of not starting O’Donkor is weird to me. The fatigue excuse is a load of B*****s.

He came on and chased lost causes. Looked full of energy for the 45 minutes he was on. Deservedly got MOTM. Not for one second did I think he looked tired. He’s 18 years old and played 60 minutes last Tuesday at Pompey and the same at Bolton Saturday.

Browne who came in for him. There’s a man who looked tired & uninspired to play. Playing out of position.

O’Donkor should’ve started.

The whole defending of not starting O’Donkor is weird to me. The fatigue excuse is a load of B*****s.
Robinson is happy to play players coming back from injury from the start, I don't believe he finally learnt his lesson last night, the more likely scenario is that he thought Browne would do the business for him up front, unfortunately once again he was proven incorrect in his quest to reshape players and their positions.

Hopefully GOD starts on Sunday, we don't need any more experiments, let the kid enjoy the limelight, got to be one of the only players with an ounce of confidence at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom