Current Player #39 Gatlin O'Donkor

An excellent prospect with bags of potential.

Who should be learning the game and scoring a few goals in the Conference, rather than banging about in a L1 relegation scrap and missing chances / making bad decisions when we can’t afford it.

Cue people losing their s**t.
He’s been our best front lad all season
Eastwood played a ball upto Joseph today, he had no idea how to judge the flight of the ball or deal with it, same ball second half Odonkor’s planted and mixing it with the likes of Flint.

Looked much better, my criticism has been that he’s not quite ready and often been 1/2 a second late in reacting or being a bit behind play. Today he was a monster the moment he came on and was critical in turning the game round. Add goals to his game, work on his touch and he’ll be in the championship one day!

Leaving aside the question of utility to the team, I'm not convinced that playing against the best available players isn't the best way to develop what is a far from unimpressive talent.

Flint was doing his best to wind him up during the stoppage when McGuane was injured towards the end. He held him around the neck, Mickey Lewis fashion, then threw the ball at the back of his head, all whilst the attention of everyone was on McGuane. All a sign Gats was giving Flint a hard time

What impressed me today was how strong he was. He absolutely bullied their defenders time and time again physically, and these were grown men.

It’s all very well saying playing him isn’t best for his development - maybe it isn’t, but he’s our current best option up front. Therefore he should be playing, development or no.

O’Donker is our only and at the moment best forward at the club.
Dont get this we should let him play and learn in the national league. He is 4 days older than someone, we either made an offer or agreed a loan for. Who’s now making some statement in the Premier League.
We’ve got a find there let him find his feet he’ll be some asset playing for us.

Last edited:
I don’t disagree that this is not a situation for him to be integrated in to the men’s game. It’s not a proper education and this should never have happened.

He had 2 choices, ride it out or embrace the crash course and get to the level. And hasn’t he done well in such a short time… Not only is he improving as a player but as an athlete he is beyond recognition of the player that started the season. He made a right tit out of Aden Flint when he came on.

It’s a challenge he shouldn’t have been faced with but he’s come out of it incredibly well and many, many people attribute their success to being dropped in the deep end at some stage. You wouldn’t design it but full credit to the lad for making the best of it. He’s officially a squad player at the least.

I’d have a new contract in front of him without further thought.

Dont get this we should let him play and learn in the national league. He is 4 days older than someone, we either made an offer or agreed a loan for. Who’s now making some statement in the Premier League.
We’ve got a find there let him find his feet he’ll be some asset playing for us.
Agree completely, Goodrham as well .

Ferguson?!

An excellent prospect with bags of potential.

Who should be learning the game and scoring a few goals in the Conference, rather than banging about in a L1 relegation scrap and missing chances / making bad decisions when we can’t afford it.

Cue people losing their s**t.
As I usually agree with everything you say RB Im assuming this is a wind up! How many promising youth have gone on loan and returned and smashed it I cant remember any. Plus it cannot be good for any confidence . He is patently good enough he made some excellent cute layoffs today was easily strong enough to compete physically with a large very experienced defender. He had them all rattled with more game time he is going to get better and better.

How many promising youth have gone on loan and returned and smashed it I cant remember any.
Joey Beauchamp.

...although I'm struggling to think of another to be fair.

The boy could be the real deal, however what frustrates me is some of his decision making.
Having a football brain is the difference between a prem to an average player.
Hopefully with time and playing this will develop
Plus let's be honest, playing with some of his team mates is never going to be easy.

Ideally if we stay up and get some proper strikers in the summer I'd send G,OD out on loan until January but I also think he's earn't the right to stay in our squad

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom