Ex Player #36 Jay Matete

I'm looking forward to seeing him play for us and hope he can offer what he offered Plymouth last season - he's always seemed a decent player at this level.

The Sunderland forum is the usual bag of all-sorts: should have used him more, just a squad player, sad to see him go, glad to see him go, not good enough, never given a chance and my particular favourite, 'his second touch is a tackle'.

Any idea how many times he has been sent off?
Gorrin was hooked regularly and then generally held back for the rest of the game

Just once. Grimsby vs Exeter 2021 (straight red)

Accidental boot to the chest after an Exeter player mis-controlled:

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing him play for us and hope he can offer what he offered Plymouth last season - he's always seemed a decent player at this level.

The Sunderland forum is the usual bag of all-sorts: should have used him more, just a squad player, sad to see him go, glad to see him go, not good enough, never given a chance and my particular favourite, 'his second touch is a tackle'.
“his second touch was a tackle” was my sons favourite expression for Gorrin coincidentally.

Never understood the signing in the first place, looked poor but probably down to fitness.

Shame it didn’t work out.
He was good when he last played against us.

Don't think he was even remotely fit when he joined.
I had similar thoughts. It looked like he struggled to sprint. There were a couple of occasions where he was running back towards our goal alongside an opposition player and it was like he was their jogging partner, which didn't seem right given that he supposedly loved to get his foot in.

Hope that for his sake he can get his knee fixed, otherwise it's going to be a struggle for him for the rest of his career.

A lot of optimism around his arrival but it has turned out to be a disastrous signing for us.