30/8/2022 Papa Johns Trophy OUFC v Leyton Orient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Women are at home at Court Place Farm on the same night. I'll be maintaining my protest while supporting the club over at that game instead tomorrow.
Shame as I'd like to see a few more of the younger players get minutes, but I still can't bring myself to stomach this competition.

Agree with the club on ignoring this in the main. Marketing isn’t worth it as you’re really just blunting your sword and making it less useful for legitimate marketing operations.

I detest Orient - ( bastards relegated us , not only for the first time ever - Gerry Summers manager at the time, but also from the football league, AND took the P**s the classless wankers- and they play in red!) - so I really hope our young guns rip em a new one and absolutely batter them , though I can't bring myself to support, or get even halfway bothered about the pizza trophy- certainly not at these early stages

Especially with large areas of the ground closed too , it really doesn't appeal to me

club should've offered it as a freebie for ST holders and seriously reduced tickets prices - neither of which the oh , so on the ball marketing and pr depts appear to even have thought about- though they probably are under the illusion all Oxford supporters go by the name of John!

Yellow Roses have a home game at CPF on the same night , assuming Im on top of deadline for work, like a a few other posters on this thread, is an game that's a more likely option for me on Tues evening

Orient did not relegate Oxford in 1976 as we finished 4 points below Carlisle with a worse goal average. In 2006 we had 45 other games to gain enough points to stay up.
Don't bring sense in to this argument orient are bastards they celebrated on our pitch the owner at the time hearn was laughing at children crying yeah we had 45 games but in reality if we had won that game we stayed up (I think) so orient can go f**k themselves

Don't bring sense in to this argument orient are bastards they celebrated on our pitch the owner at the time hearn was laughing at children crying yeah we had 45 games but in reality if we had won that game we stayed up (I think) so orient can go f**k themselves
yep.... twas a long time ago - think we needed to win the last game of the season at Orient to stay up- we didn't

Orient did not relegate Oxford in 1976 as we finished 4 points below Carlisle with a worse goal average. In 2006 we had 45 other games to gain enough points to stay up.
yep.... albeit a long time ago -If memory serves I think we needed to win the last game of the season at Orient to stay up?- we didn't

yep.... twas a long time ago - think we needed to win the last game of the season at Orient to stay up- we didn't
In 2006 didn't they need to win to go up and we needed to win to stay up

I'm not sure the club are even bothered about this fixture. Zero advertising, zero promotion, most of the ground closed and other than a listing on the fixture list, nothing on the web site.
And yet, this competition pays prize money from the start and has a possible trip to Wembley for the final.
Granted, it's the P**s pot/tin pot/pizza pot trophy and we all object to the inclusion of the U21 sides but, it is a competition and surely, there is some pride in winning at stake?
The last home game the advertisement boards mentioned our next home game as being Burton😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom