Home Match Build Up 29/12/23: L1 - OUFC v Derby County

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious as to why, week after week, some are seemingly happy to drop Mills - despite the fact that he's one of only 3 or 4 players in this squad who has consistently produced in the final 1/3rd this season?

Especially as it seems to involve parachuting in Murphy (very quick, lack of end product thus far) or even shoe-horning Harris on the wing.

I'd start Mills even if we had a fully fit squad to choose from - but each to their own.

Curious as to why, week after week, some are seemingly happy to drop Mills - despite the fact that he's one of only 3 or 4 players in this squad who has consistently produced in the final 1/3rd this season?

Especially as it seems to involve parachuting in Murphy (very quick, lack of end product thus far) or even shoe-horning Harris on the wing.

I'd start Mills even if we had a fully fit squad to choose from - but each to their own.
Same as Goodrham being dropped despite his moment of magic turning the game Saturday, probably because he isn't a Prem loanee !

this is going to be a rare Friday night home win ( personally Idve preferred a Saturday 3pm KO not a fuckingFridaynite) - going for another 2-1 win

Goodrham in for Murphy if as said above he is out, but this for me.
Hopefully Murphys fit, and if he is would be better to start than on the bench.
Haven’t changed the lineup since suggesting it before the Peterborough game

While not a ‘must win’ game, this feels like a massive potential opportunity.

For whatever reason Des hasn’t had a great start but imagine a win, under the lights, full house, showing we can beat decent sides as well as the rubbish ones… it could really increase the player’s confidence and kickstart the new regime.

3-1 home win with a Cutler goals from Harris tomorrow, I can feel it.

Or a 3-0 loss. One or the other 🙂

We always play awful Infront of a big crowd so I've voted for a Derby win ... (It worked last time round against Cambridge 🤣)

1st chance to do a double of a team this season.
I’d be happy with a point but still think we have enough to beat them but every player needs to be on their game.

Beadle
Stevens Moore Brown Bennett
McEachran Brannagan
Mills Rodders Tyler
Harris

Subs: Eastwood, Thornley, Smyth, McGuane, Henry, GOD, Bodin

Start... and accelerate up to top gear rapidly... Don't stick in second gear... Please

While not a ‘must win’ game, this feels like a massive potential opportunity.

For whatever reason Des hasn’t had a great start but imagine a win, under the lights, full house, showing we can beat decent sides as well as the rubbish ones… it could really increase the player’s confidence and kickstart the new regime.
I’d rather this positivity rather than the nonsense ‘can’t see us winning’ comment from earlier in the thread.

We haven’t been very good recently but without hope of an improved performance you may as well as not bother and get a different hobby, or take to supporting Man City where the chance of disappointment is way less!

Reasons for optimism are:
1) Harris knows he can score against these - hopefully a chance for him to find his scoring boots
2) I’ve not been massively impressed with Des so far to be honest but, despite his slow start, we’ve quietly done well at home (although couldn’t be worse on the road). 7 points from 9, one goal conceded, with four of those points in particular coming against sides in very good form. If he can continue making Grenoble Rd a fortress, you’d like to think we can take at least a point.

Have to say though that despite that I’m not hugely optimistic. Would bite your hand off for a draw, but play like we did first half Cambridge, or first half Burton, or both halves Northampton or Posh and we’ll get absolutely mullered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom