Home Match Day Thread 29/12/2022: L1: OUFC v Charlton Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlton will be motivated. They got a point against Peterborough the other day in Holden’s first game in charge on the back of knocking a PL team out of the cup to set up a trip to Old Trafford. Every player will currently see this period as a blank slate and a chance to get their hands on a shirt. We also won’t know for sure what formation or lineup they’re likely to go with as there is virtually no data. That said, they might also be a little disjointed and uncertain while learning a new system. It really is difficult to predict.

Just show up and hope for the best, and if the chippy is open then good luck, and may God have mercy on your soul
Shouldn’t that be sole?

Im actually looking forward to going tonight. Watched the last 2 away games on ifollow and meh it's not for me. Let's hope for a decent performance and result.

Charlton will be motivated. They got a point against Peterborough the other day in Holden’s first game in charge on the back of knocking a PL team out of the cup to set up a trip to Old Trafford. Every player will currently see this period as a blank slate and a chance to get their hands on a shirt. We also won’t know for sure what formation or lineup they’re likely to go with as there is virtually no data. That said, they might also be a little disjointed and uncertain while learning a new system. It really is difficult to predict.

Just show up and hope for the best, and if the chippy is open then good luck, and may God have mercy on your soul.
They are in a horrendous run.
Their last league win was in October and Stockport knocked them out of the FA Cup in December.
Under the new manager they seem to have gone to a back 5 to try and stop the conceding of so many goals ( which seems to have worked although both Peterborough and Brighton had a lot of shots)
The first goal is pretty important this evening

I reckon we'll see Murphy
Hopefully he'll be up for it today
If he is fit enough to start I think he could turn it on today. I’ve seen glimpses of absolutely outrageous skill from him, but he’s either not usually got long enough, or is on when we’re under the cosh. Give him a start when we’re dominating and we could see something special I reckon

me Partners's son is coming to tonights game - he's only seen the U's win in the games he's been to this season

ex player Andy Scott will be at the game tonight- he's recently been appointed to a sort of DoF role at Charlton ( or some position on the coaching /backroom staff at The Valley)

I was going to travel down today but find myself totally nonplussed by recent performances and proclamations by our leadership and ambition, so saving a bit of cash.

1-1.

Playing surface in great condition.

FlKUYlMXoAIRQpF

No win since October 22nd for Chalrton.

View attachment 11404
You just know the outcome is set to be written (just like that time when Gillingham came to ours with a 36 games without an away win) no excuses to keep quiet tonight if the worse does happen specially as there’s no atmosphere at the stadium, time to open your voices in the stands than be keyboard warriors on here after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom