24/01/23: 2pm Oxfordshire County Council meeting LIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much carbon dioxide, I blame FoSB, the scummer and Middleton, fetid breath I reckon - recess for 10 min

In April they will defer to September. In September they will defer to December. In December they will defer to February. In February they will defer to June. In June they will defer to October.

Shocking

It all sounds as though the club have failed to give enough details as to how they will meet all the criteria contained within the proposal on the agenda.
I am deeply concerned that someone has taken their eye off the ball.

I have a lump in my throat from the performances of the three Kidlington ladies and that Harry Hall, what a star. If this goes through I can hear his name being sung at the next match

If I was an officer of OCC, you know an actual professional, I might think my role undervalued given the elected members seem to ignore me constantly.

Exactly what more detail do OCC want and why have they not asked already.
Mr Miller you are accountable for that.

Just don't understand

Middleton is an absolute disgrace. How dare he call himself neutral.
This is an individual whose life is funded by allowances drawn from all the councils and committees he participates on (all of which is a matter of public record) at the expense of tax payers and council tax. The whole process today is testament to what is wrong with the management of local authorities and politics today. People who are motivated by easy paths, blocking and stopping as opposed to being motivated to make a real contribution to the economy and society. If you have the spirit and mindset to genuinely make a difference why do you become a professional councillor?

They're essentially going to ask the officers to work with the club to find the exact information they're requesting to move to the next stage.

I'd imagine a three month deferral to April's meeting.
I missed it. Is that last guy talking on behalf of the council, or just giving his view?

They're essentially going to ask the officers to work with the club to find the exact information they're requesting to move to the next stage.

I'd imagine a three month deferral to April's meeting.
That's fine, if the next Cabinet meeting gives the go ahead for leasing to oufc and so submitting planning.

The decision today was not on a yes or no to approve the lease, but yes for more discussion... and that's the outcome that looks likely.

The Cabinet is RECOMMENDED to

(a) Authorise Officers to enter into negotiations regarding Heads of Terms with Oxford United Football Club (OUFC) to agree the commercial terms on which Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) would lease land to the east of Frieze Way / south of Kidlington roundabout (known as the ‘triangle’) to OUFC for the development of a new football stadium, subject to further Cabinet approval of detailed plans and undertakings and to planning permission.

Am i missing something or is this literally about agreeing to negoitations and the lease and then discuss further detailed plans and permissions? WHY DOES THIS NEED TO BE DEFERRED???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom