Current Player #22 Greg Leigh

I enquired about the prices. What was a £500-600 amount is an eye watering, £1000+ VAT!

Have you noticed that there are a lot of players with no sponsors, inc McGuane!

Yeah, I sponsored Smyth's shirt for a reasonable price. Haven't bothered this season as costs have rocketed, although the package has improved slightly.

Early days but we could be onto having a cult hero with Leigh.

He’s the kind of player people watch football for - energy, effort, bravado and a massive amount of charisma. He makes you smile whether it’s the way he plays or conducts himself in interviews and on the official club channel socials.

You do need the more prosaic players around him for sure but it’ll be the young kids wanting ‘Leigh’ on the back of their shirts.
He was a legend as soon as he first scored and then promptly got sent off. Classic legend behaviour.

Greg Leigh
Everything about you so sexy
We don't even know what we've got
He just keeps picking his spot.
And there’s no better man
To receive the ball out on the left flank
How to stop him nobody knows
Stand back and watch him go
Oh, Greg Leigh won’t you

Tackle a little (yeah)
Pass just a little (yeah)
Dribble a little (yeah)
Please Oxford give him the ball
You know Greg Leigh is gonna score

I enquired about the prices. What was a £500-600 amount is an eye watering, £1000+ VAT!

Have you noticed that there are a lot of players with no sponsors, inc McGuane!

They changed from sponsors for individual shirts (ie 3 per player) which were mostly all taken, to "player sponsorship" (ie 1 per player) at higher cost - and many of the existing sponsors (me included) have declined (I have sponsored a womens team player instead with the money).
Hopefully for that money they treat the sponsors slightly better than the shirt sponsors over the last few years, any benefits have gradually disappeared - last season the shirt arrived unsigned scrunched up in a poly bag, and nothing else.

They changed from sponsors for individual shirts (ie 3 per player) which were mostly all taken, to "player sponsorship" (ie 1 per player) at higher cost - and many of the existing sponsors (me included) have declined (I have sponsored a womens team player instead with the money).
Hopefully for that money they treat the sponsors slightly better than the shirt sponsors over the last few years, any benefits have gradually disappeared - last season the shirt arrived unsigned scrunched up in a poly bag, and nothing else.
Sounds like the marketing/sponsorship side of the club are in need of some Liam Manning stardust. If that’s how they treat/rip off customers then things need changing. All very well putting prices up in the hope you’ll make more money, but if you rip off people, they know and are more reticent to part with their cash. The customer is king, treat them well.

And there’s no better man
To receive the ball out on the left flank
How to stop him nobody knows
Stand back and watch him go
Oh, Greg Leigh won’t you

Tackle a little (yeah)
Pass just a little (yeah)
Dribble a little (yeah)
Please Oxford give him the ball
You know Greg Leigh is gonna score
All of those years in the music business haven't really helped, have they?

Back
Top Bottom