Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?

He’s a (regular) full international who’s played at a level above us for 6 years.

I’ll venture he’ll still be at that level come the start of next season.
Winnall played at a level above us for 6 years before joining us

He's played as a wing back hasn't he?

I'd have CO'D back tbh.
I can't imagine him as a wing back, he was so slight when he played for us.
Winnall played at a level above us for 6 years before joining us
Winnall had had a serious injury and was over 30, Callum is in his prime at 27. I have no interest in who said what six years ago and I'm sure the club don't either

He could be Moore's replacement next season.
Hope not, these Irish imports tend to take a while to settle and get used to full time football. If they settle at all like Cooper.

We need defenders with a proven EFL record and we should pay fees in this area. It's the area of the pitch that needs the biggest investment

Hope not, these Irish imports tend to take a while to settle and get used to full time football. If they settle at all like Cooper.

We need defenders with a proven EFL record and we should pay fees in this area. It's the area of the pitch that needs the biggest investment
Yes these Irish imports have been rubbish haven't they? We should have a border in the Irish Sea to stop them getting in

Sorry. I meant 2023/2024 season. 😁

Despite anything else. COD’s injury record should be enough to stay well clear.

We have been watching a defender over in Ireland for a few months. Faz travelled over to watch a game numerous times a couple months ago. The player “Looks ready for the jump up now”

I know nothing of Eoin Toal. So couldn’t say either way if it’s been him or not.
I hope it is this young man, he sounds very similar to McNally, who IMO is turning out to be one of our best acquisitions in recent seasons.

O'Dowda's just been released by Bristol City, and we need a left winger.

Just throwing his name out there ironically as another former player to return before someone mentions it

Odowďa and his agent dad didn't care about Oxford they walked away wouldn't go anywhere near him
We pocketed 1 6 million , not exactly shabby

Yes these Irish imports have been rubbish haven't they? We should have a border in the Irish Sea to stop them getting in
The only two misfires we’ve had from the island of Ireland in the last few years have been Hoban and Cooper. Both a bit older (23/24), so may have found the step up too much, and couldn’t adjust. But I know Hoban was at Bristol City for a year or so as a teenager. The other issue, especially with the NI boys, is living in England. You’ll regularly see stories in the Belfast Telegraph about boys who went to play in England, and just couldn’t settle. I know (from a vv good source) that was the problem with Cooper. Shame, as he looked a decent player. At the money we‘re paying (£150k or so) these boys are absolutely worth taking a punt on. I’m sure we’ve learnt from the Cooper experience, and will want to know that any targeted signing from NI really wants to play in England. Toal plays for Derry City, who are in NI but play in the League of Ireland. Long story. The LOI isn’t very good, but there are players to be found there. Agree that McNally is potentially our best signing from anywhere for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom