League One 2020 - Summer Signings

What happened after the game? Other than celebrating first promotion to Championship? Genuine question

I'll add to that. What occurred, @Junior_1? I thought the players celebrated in good taste on the pitch. Nothing particularly wrong there and shook hands with all our dejected players.

I thought their board members and staff were pretty vocal during the game. At the time it was irritating, but on reflection they were watching and supporting as fans do. Despite it being an empty Wembley, they did manage to get a ripple of atmosphere going that I felt we missed a trick on. I can't complain there as it could have been something we could have prepared for.

Perhaps they took that attitude with them into the tunnels and changing rooms after the game a bit too far?

Your last paragraph summed it up Unification. Whilst the cameras were running it’s all professional and dignified. Once that’s cut and there’s no coverage it’s back to the usual Wycombe no class antics as seen and heard in the stands. Ainsworth the chief cheerleader. One thing Oxford have is class and dignity.

A whole lot of restraint was certainly needed In that situation..

If Moore and Eastwood ever speak about that moment, they’ll swear down like they have to the squad that there was a call and it didn’t come from Eastwood but from the Wycombe suns.

Your last paragraph summed it up Unification. Whilst the cameras were running it’s all professional and dignified. Once that’s cut and there’s no coverage it’s back to the usual Wycombe no class antics as seen and heard in the stands. Ainsworth the chief cheerleader. One thing Oxford have is class and dignity.

If Moore and Eastwood ever speak about that moment, they’ll swear down like they have to the squad that there was a call and it didn’t come from Eastwood but from the Wycombe suns.
Can I just ask but if Eastwood didn’t call for the ball and it was Wycombe subs why was he rushing out of his goal surely if he didn’t call for it he would have stayed put and maybe just maybe Moore needs to learn the sound of a Eastwoods voice

It’s been said here before but the sound of Akinfenwa loudly cheerleading his team near to where Robinson was giving his post match interview was clearly annoying to Robinson, and irritating to me to say the least. We’d just lost, I was pissy, but that showed no class.
Consigned to distant memory now, plenty to look forward to this season.

Can I just ask but if Eastwood didn’t call for the ball and it was Wycombe subs why was he rushing out of his goal surely if he didn’t call for it he would have stayed put and maybe just maybe Moore needs to learn the sound of a Eastwoods voice
I've not rewatched the moment too often (for obvious reasons) but didn't he only rush out of the box when Moore had ducked and it was clear their (offside) striker was going to get there first?

I've not rewatched the moment too often (for obvious reasons) but didn't he only rush out of the box when Moore had ducked and it was clear their (offside) striker was going to get there first?
To be honest I only watched it on live tv and not wanted to watch again I just thought was a strange comment that there players shouting from the side made are players f**k up l

To be honest I only watched it on live tv and not wanted to watch again I just thought was a strange comment that there players shouting from the side made are players f**k up l
Our players , if they heard a call to 'leave it's or keepers could easily in the split second do this . Very very poor if this was the case from wyc

Somebody might need to point out to the Wigan administrators that this isn't a 5-a-saide league!
I make it from this that they're EIGHTEEN players down from when the season ended. Seven for fees, four on free transfers, two for undisclosed fees / free and five released. That figure also doesn't include loan players returning to their parent clubs.

They're absolutely fucked. It's going to be a Bolton situation all over again, where a number of teams are going to play their under 18s. We don't play them til late November. What are the odds they'll have found a new owner by then and signed a whole new squad?

I make it from this that they're EIGHTEEN players down from when the season ended. Seven for fees, four on free transfers, two for undisclosed fees / free and five released. That figure also doesn't include loan players returning to their parent clubs.

They're absolutely fucked. It's going to be a Bolton situation all over again, where a number of teams are going to play their under 18s. We don't play them til late November. What are the odds they'll have found a new owner by then and signed a whole new squad?

Hopefully the FL have learnt lessons from the Bolton situation....

I look forward to our 0-0 draw with them.

Fair play?

Am most likely, well I know I’m not alone in thinking anything but for Wycombe. I wish them all the bad luck and s**t in the world. Just ask anyone associated with the club and they’ll tell you the same.

The way the acted off the pitch after that game cuts thick with every single player and management.

They will get it plus some when we meet again.
Sorry i wasnt clear..i have little time for Wycombe. My post referred to the fact they are just going to carry on with what they are undoubtedly good at in an attempt to stay up rather than change their "brand". They are shamelessly anti football.

Back
Top Bottom