Current Player #20 Rúben Rodrigues

Let me just say well done to @tatabanya he nailed it early on.

We’ve had our differences of opinions on many occasions, but today I salute you sir.

Great exciting signing, and shows Lge 1 that we ain’t fooling around.

Ruben is a lot more than scoring goals. His ability to create opportunities through beautiful passes is really what he's best at

This is what a Derby fan said when they thought they might sign him

I posted in another thread, in terms of creativity there is few better that we could chance upon this season that Rodrigues.

In terms of 'smart passes' per 90 - he averaged 2.83 per 90 minutes 45% accuracy. Kevin De Bruyne is the only player with a better rate per 90 than that in English football, yet he couldn't get anywhere close to that accuracy - 37.8% for him. It actually means that Rodrigues completed 1.27 per 90, with KDB at 1.17 per 90.

Smart passes are defined as: 'A creative and penetrative pass that attempts to break the opposition's defensive lines to gain a significant advantage in attack'.

None of our midfielders even came close to competitive in this regard, all of them were below average and quite frankly poor. No surprise for those that watched us this season. Mind numbing lack of vision and creativity at times.

How he would deal with the step up is anyone's guess but I feel like he would quite comfortably walk into our squad and be our most creative player and would at least try and force the issues - which is something we severely lacked last season.

This sort of news should reignite the season ticket dwellers.

Good timing for DD day tomorrow too.

Well done LM and board.

Notts County ST holder just WhatsApped me. Thinks he's the best player in the NL. Reckons he's better than Langstaff (who's scored all the goals) and is quicker. Described him as a 'lower league Jack Grealish'!

FygevkDacAEfpCm

Really happy with this signing he's got a physical presence he knows where the goal is and he can also get assist well done OUFC now please get a striker or two

Well this looks to be excellent news. Well done all, and welcome Rúben.

As others have intimated, isn't it refreshing to get a signing announced early with no waffle from the Manager about how many top players he's speaking to, only to be disappointed. I really hope LM goes about his business as quietly and confidently as he has done so far. Great work OUFC! Just the sort of signing we and others in LG1 are crying out for.
Robinson spoke to top class players and the top class players told him to **** off.

Watching his goals video, I quite like how he celebrates every goal with maximum effort! Clearly a hungry player with a desire for goals and enjoys himself. Nothing irks me like a player ‘too cool’ to celebrate. All helps towards an atmosphere.

It's funny how delusional some football fans can be - took a quick look at the Notts County forum and most of the posters can't understand why he has moved to Oxford. However, my favourite posters seem to think they will be passing us when they go up and we go down and that League 1 is there' natural' level.

Where you are at is where you deserve to be, for whatever reasons and they have spent the last 8 years in League 2 and the Conference.

For balance, they are not all negative and someone makes the comment that Manning will look to play him in the same position Williams did (and as Twine was used) - not by using him as a winger or defensive midfielder in best Robinson style.
What an exciting signing!

Had a look on their forum. Very amusing. One saying he doubts he knew where Oxford was before this. Yep a world famous city like Oxford that nobody has heard off. Another going on about their higher average attendances last season. Yep, Notts had one of their best seasons in recent years while we had our worst. We are not a big team by any stretch but bigger than them in my view. You just have to look at the number of fans we took to Wembley when we got promoted in the playoffs compared to them.

Indeed thanks for sharing @tatabanya
Not to push but anymore for anymore?
Afraid I’m not now going to be UTO re-incarnate! I think a few people would be surprised how many fans know bits and bobs but don’t say anything because they can’t or don’t want to breach trust.

Things are often told in confidence and, in order to keep those relationships, the best thing to do is just that. I’ll share anything I can, as I’ve always done, and I’m not sure we’ll be waiting too long for the next one through the door anyway.

Back
Top Bottom